Together Retro: Snatcher

Join in on our classic gaming club!
Ack

Re: Together Retro: Snatcher

Post by Ack »

Lately I've just been trying to hold off, actually.

Plus, I bought a bunch of games a month ago that I'm just now getting around to playing. Second Sight for $2.99? Hell yes.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

Post by Unleaded Logic »

Ack wrote:Lately I've just been trying to hold off, actually.

Plus, I bought a bunch of games a month ago that I'm just now getting around to playing. Second Sight for $2.99? Hell yes.

I love that game! I thought it was way better then Psi Ops.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

I've never played Second Sight, but I've been meaning to as it looks pretty cool.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

racketboy wrote:
Ack wrote:
RadarScope1 wrote:Damn - wish I could play this.

Yeah, me too. I just watched the Sega CD intro on Youtube. Oh man, I was practically drooling.

Why not? not into emulation?

Yeah, not really. I don't have a controller I can use on my PC. I've got a couple of adventure games on a SCUMM VM emu. But Snatcher is more of an adventure style game...
superlarz
128-bit

Post by superlarz »

RadarScope1 wrote:
Yeah, not really. I don't have a controller I can use on my PC. I've got a couple of adventure games on a SCUMM VM emu. But Snatcher is more of an adventure style game...

You could very easily play this game with a keyboard. You dont have to move anywhere, and the shooting parts wouldnt be any harder bc of using a keyboard instead of a controller.
owned: Atari VCS, Intellivision, ColecoVision, NES, NES2, Sega Master System, Turbografx-16, Genesis/Sega CD Model 1, Genesis/Sega CD Model 2/32x, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy, GBA, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, PSone, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3
wanted: Cd-I, Neo Geo AES
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

well, I tried to get the SegaCD version with Picodrive to run on my PSP. No good. Said I needed USA BIOS. Couldn't figure it out. Then tried the translated MSX version on my PSP. No good. Was looking for .ROM extension, and these were .DSK files that were in a .ZIP (tried running the ZIP too with no luck).

Oh well. I didnt even really want to have to play on PSP. Maybe if I can get a homebrew launcher for my Gamecube soon enough, I'll try to play it from there.

What's the easiest way to lauch HB from GC anyway?
timewarpgamer
64-bit

Post by timewarpgamer »

Alright, I recently rocked the Sega CD version of Snatcher, and at the moment I have access to the Interwebs (currently I'm doing a little business travel and taking advantage of the bargain $6.44/2 hours of wireless Internet), and I've got three observations:

1) Damn this game actually takes advantage of the medium (soundtrack, graphics, voice acting, etc.)
2) Not realizing that you need to "investigate" the same topic a second time in order to proceed is kind of counter-intuitive and a drag.
3) This game is still the bomb.

P.S. Hopefully, regular update to TimeWarpGamer.com will resume this weekend, assuming that the Interweb Gods are compliant.
I run the 8/16-bit retro site TimeWarpGamer and if you want to follow the latest updates, check me out on Twitter.
johnnydoyle123
24-bit

Post by johnnydoyle123 »

in my opinion snatcher was one of the few games that offered a genuine experience
it is one of the games that you feel honored to have played
was like metal gear solid 4 ... it may have slacked on gameplay but the cinematic attention to detail kept me enthralled
and snatcher was much the same .... and i loved the art style reminds me of ad police :)

regards john
http://www.youtube.com/ajgamesinsider
currently collecting : pc engine / nec consoles and games
specializing in rare games ,,,,, and weird stuff no ones hear off
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I just recently finished this game, before Together Retro announced this as their next game. I will break my experiences down into separate posts over a period of time to deal with the different themes presented within the game. The first thing I wanted to take a look, at are the things that influenced Hideo Kojima when creating Snatcher.

One of the first and most apparent comparisons deals with Blade Runner. Numerous scenes from Blade Runner were directly interpreted into Snatcher including locales and cinematics. Add to this the basic premise of a "Junker" who's sole purpose is to hunt down robots that look like humans (sure for different reasons), a main character that looks remarkably like Harrison Ford and you have some pretty blatant comparisons. This is not to say that it is a bad thing, as the game is not a complete knock-off, thankfully, but is very interesting to see where Hideo Kojima takes his influences.

There are other influences out there as well, but I was curious to see if other people can come up with some of their own.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

You know what really strikes me as an incredibe wow factor is how the music was implemented so well, and how it and the voice acting actually take advantage and at some points even max out the Sega CD and Genesis' combined sond chips.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366