Join in on our classic gaming club!
Majors
128-bit

Re: Together Retro: Snatcher

by Majors Fri May 01, 2009 10:50 am

chipperkwah wrote:Just started playing this 2 days ago, what a coincidence!

Same here, I started a game about two weeks ago...I got to Chapter 3, but life interupted my game.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

by RadarScope1 Fri May 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Damn - wish I could play this.
Ack

by Ack Fri May 01, 2009 6:48 pm

RadarScope1 wrote:Damn - wish I could play this.

Yeah, me too. I just watched the Sega CD intro on Youtube. Oh man, I was practically drooling.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
superlarz
128-bit

by superlarz Sat May 02, 2009 12:10 am

I just finished it about a week ago.. it was the first time I ever played through it. It is good. I wish I could play the lightgun parts with a gun, but thanks to the wonderful technological advances in television thats not possible. Anyway, snatcher is good.. The story is good, although sometimes predictable. Definately holds up. Really worth playing. One of the few games where the story really trumps the gameplay... although the investigating is fun at times. Wish there were more shooting scenes though.
owned: Atari VCS, Intellivision, ColecoVision, NES, NES2, Sega Master System, Turbografx-16, Genesis/Sega CD Model 1, Genesis/Sega CD Model 2/32x, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy, GBA, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, PSone, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3
wanted: Cd-I, Neo Geo AES
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Sat May 02, 2009 12:17 am

HECK YES. 8)
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Scooter
Next-Gen

by Scooter Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm

I liked the game, but I found it rather linear. No alternate endings, no varying paths to follow, just poke around until you get it right and stay on the single set of rails provided until the end.

Perhaps if I'd played the game back in the day when it was new I would have been more awestruck by it but I only played it for the first time last year. As it is, I've played numerous new and old point and click games I found more engaging.

All in all, I don't regret the time I spent playing the game, it was moderately fun and entertaining but it wasn't the second coming it is sometimes made out to be. A very nicely put together game with studly graphics given the console it's on, but hardly ground breaking. I was also hoping that the performer at the nightclub would play more prominently in the later portions of the game! :P
Ow! My small intestine!
fingersmaloy
64-bit

by fingersmaloy Sun May 03, 2009 2:46 pm

I started this game on the Saturn god knows when...a year and a half ago, maybe. This site has inspired me to pick it back up. I played it for awhile tonight. It really is amazing how much detail they put into it, even if it is ultimately very linear. You can look at an object or ask a person the same thing five times and get a different response each time. And there're lots of context-sensitive quirks, like when you talk to Napoleon and he doesn't give you any new info, he actually apologizes for not being useful.

My gripe with the game would be the same one I have with Policenauts, which is that it's a linear game, but the line is very well hidden by an enormous heap of options. It can take hours to figure out what comes next because all you can do is just keep examining everything and talking to everyone about every single available topic over and over, in every single available place. You just have to wait until you get a hit. But then again, that's pretty much what being a detective is like, so I guess that's cool. Good game to play when you just want to take it easy for the night.
My game-related blog.
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

by Unleaded Logic Sun May 03, 2009 5:28 pm

I played it briefly, but this gives ma a chance to try it out the rest of the way! Awesome!
Unleaded Logic
128-bit

by Unleaded Logic Sun May 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Hmmm, I'm thinking I have a bad image, it stops loading right after I get into the car to go to the old factory...actually it just keeps showing the image of him in the car going there and never goes anywhere after that. I'll have to get another one.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun May 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Ack wrote:
RadarScope1 wrote:Damn - wish I could play this.

Yeah, me too. I just watched the Sega CD intro on Youtube. Oh man, I was practically drooling.

Why not? not into emulation?
Return to Together Retro