noiseredux installed (my new site/blog thing)

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: noiseredux installed (my new site/blog thing)

Post by Reprise »

Cool, I just checked out your DOA5 review and wow, it sounds like PC gamers really got screwed over. No Soft Skin tech? No online play yet? Two stages are missing? No controller vibration? Damn.

I have the PS4 version and it's awesome!
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah that was a weird one to write about - and I hope I got this across: There were plenty of things to complain about, but none of them bothered me (except for the lack of online at launch). But I mean, it's still the best DOA game and it's on PC. And even if it's missing some visual effects, it still looks great. I guess I feel like as a fan of the series I can nitpick, but ultimately I'm really happy that DOA5 is on PC at all.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, as the core game itself is great, there's no doubt it is fantastic to have it on PC. It just feels weird and half assed that they made the port with such glaring omissions. I'm sure it's possible to still really enjoy the game regardless though.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

yr a great writer man. Just read the half-life 2 one. You should put some instructions on the first page tho - "click a letter for game reviews" is all you need.

I'd suggest putting all your reviews into a published book - when you have enough that is, but they are all the appropriate length for the current gen of reader looking reviews.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

The new sites great and all - But where's Diz & Bird?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

mjmjr25 wrote:yr a great writer man. Just read the half-life 2 one. You should put some instructions on the first page tho - "click a letter for game reviews" is all you need.

I'd suggest putting all your reviews into a published book - when you have enough that is, but they are all the appropriate length for the current gen of reader looking reviews.

Throw in your custom noisredux graphic to give the front page a quick view of what your blog site is about.

Maybe remove the large letters and just list all the game titles alphabetized right on the first page? This will save blindly opening a subfolder with cropped pictures only to find reviews of games one might not have interest in. You could later on add a small "icon" of one of the screenshots for each game title text listed.

The write ups and screenshots are nice, recommend including which PC or Console version reviewed.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

There are no console reviews. It is all PC. Thus "installed."
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

wrote a little something about Mass Effect 2...
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I like your write up on Mass Effect 2. It sounds like your experiences are exactly what mine were a few years back. I also really struggled to get into Mass Effect and I also tried Mass Effect 2, as it is nearly always named as the best in the series by fans, but I also stalled at about 4 hours in. I wasn't a fan of how RPG-lite it was, with the focus being more on shooting and action. I also didn't really care much for the story and Shepard.

I have to say though, that did change in the last year or two for me. I gave the first Mass Effect another chance and after a while, I found myself engrossed in the game and I couldn't put it down. I ended up playing through the whole trilogy and just completed them all last year.

So maybe Mass Effect isn't for you, but I'd recommend giving it another go at some point if you have the time. Start with the first one and play the trilogy how it was intended to be played.