My blog - JRPG Densetsu

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: My blog - JRPG Densetsu

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

After a lot of thinking - and flip-flopping - I've decided to end this blog.

With two kids now my spare time has been whittled away to nothing. And, as all of you with current and/or defunct blogs can attest too, this shit is really time consuming. While the text of most of my entries was nothing more extravagant than what I'd typically post in Games Beaten I found all the proof-reading, tagging, screenshot-taking, and so on to be a massive time-sink.

I will leave it up. The blog contains some of the only English reviews of certain obscure FDS games, which is kinda cool I guess.

I would like to get back to writing more about games in the future, but I think it'd be a better idea to write occasional entries about developers, entire series, and retro gaming in general vs. every individual game I complete. That's just too much.

In the meantime, expect more activity from me back in Games Beaten. Yay?

Thanks for reading.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

sad to see it stop, Bone. But certainly understand. And yes, it is time consuming. I always have like 5 more articles "almost written" in my head for every 1 that actually materializes. But leave it up and who knows, you can always re-vamp it in the future if you find the time and energy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Understandable, even if I think this sucks. I read every piece you posted. But I look forward to your return to the Games Beaten thread as well as the usual talking games with you. Please keep playing these FDS RPGs. The world needs to know they exist, after all.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Thanks for sharing your immense knowledge, Bone. And yes the FDS RPG reviews are especially fantastic, hope you keep cranking through those in the Games Beaten thread
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:And, as all of you with current and/or defunct blogs can attest too, this shit is really time consuming.

Very time consuming, and often only rewarding in the "labor of love" sense.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The blog contains some of the only English reviews of certain obscure FDS games, which is kinda cool I guess.

Absolutely leave it up. Bots will crawl and tag those reviews for search engines in useful ways. For example my old blog's King's Field and Marvelous reviews come up at the top now relational.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:In the meantime, expect more activity from me back in Games Beaten. Yay?

That is good to hear. And eventually when your kids are older and you have more free time, you can get back to writing more in-depth again. The world needs an English book chronicling all the best (and weirdest) obscure Japanese-only RPGs from the 80s and 90s. I'd buy the piss outta that book.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
flash1987v2
8-bit

Post by flash1987v2 »

Shame, enjoyed them and hope you'll return to writing them.