Daria Reviews-Now showing: Wonder Project J [SNES]

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Daria
24-bit

Re: Daria Plays - Retro Video Reviews

Post by Daria »

Just in time for Halloween in December ( :roll: ) I've finished a review for Sweet Home, the Famicom RPG/Adventure/Survival Horror game from Capcom. I also compare it directly to the tie-in movie from director Kiyoshi Kurosawa.
Check out my YouTube Channel DariaPlays for super nerdy video reviews on classic RPGs and Adventure titles. Bonus: I don't suck! Pinky-swear.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Nice review. Keep the old RPGs coming!
Daria
24-bit

Post by Daria »

Annnnd another review. This time check out what happens when you make a Breakout/Arkanoid game and infuse it with light action adventure elements.

And thanks Bonez! Don't worry I enjoy this too much to stop now. ;)
Last edited by Daria on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube Channel DariaPlays for super nerdy video reviews on classic RPGs and Adventure titles. Bonus: I don't suck! Pinky-swear.
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

Great stuff! I made sure to subscribe!

I personally love Sweet Home and put it in my Top 13 Horror Games due to it's influence (Dat door animation anyone?) and just how damn unique it was at the time. Love your comparisons with the film.

If you're not already, you might think about submitting your videos on Retroware TV. They would love to see these on there!
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Daria wrote:Annnnd another review. This time check out what happens when you make a Breakout/Arknoid game and infuse it with light action adventure elements.

This was a good teaser - you have me intrigued to go check out the video!
Daria
24-bit

Post by Daria »

Czernobog wrote:Great stuff! I made sure to subscribe!

I personally love Sweet Home and put it in my Top 13 Horror Games due to it's influence (Dat door animation anyone?) and just how damn unique it was at the time. Love your comparisons with the film.

If you're not already, you might think about submitting your videos on Retroware TV. They would love to see these on there!

First: thanks! and second: What's Retroware Tv? o.O

Edit: Also what are your other 12 horror games?
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

Daria wrote:

Your welcome!

Retroware TV is a site where you can upload retro gaming videos to share with other retro gamers. I usually upload any retro reviews there. It also has a forum with a nice bunch of people and they tend to put retro reviews in a community showcase to help out with exposure. Lately you have to email someone and he uploads the video because they had issues earlier, but he's a nice guy and is always happy to do so.

I did a video last halloween for my top 13 horror which ended up being,

Splatterhouse 3, System Shock 2, Alone in the Dark 4: The New Nightmare, Eternal Darkness, Sweet Home, Alan Wake, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Resident Evil, Deadly Premonition, Super Castlevania IV, Call of Cthulhu, Penumbra: Black Plague, and Silent Hill 2.

It was a hard list to make as I absolutely love horror games and there's so many more which I adore.
Daria
24-bit

Post by Daria »

Czernobog wrote:
Daria wrote:

Your welcome!

Retroware TV is a site where you can upload retro gaming videos to share with other retro gamers. I usually upload any retro reviews there. It also has a forum with a nice bunch of people and they tend to put retro reviews in a community showcase to help out with exposure. Lately you have to email someone and he uploads the video because they had issues earlier, but he's a nice guy and is always happy to do so.

I did a video last halloween for my top 13 horror which ended up being,

Splatterhouse 3, System Shock 2, Alone in the Dark 4: The New Nightmare, Eternal Darkness, Sweet Home, Alan Wake, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Resident Evil, Deadly Premonition, Super Castlevania IV, Call of Cthulhu, Penumbra: Black Plague, and Silent Hill 2.

It was a hard list to make as I absolutely love horror games and there's so many more which I adore.

So yeah, I tried it. Took a little while to figure out how they wanted content submitted but I jumped that hurdle, and you're right. I got community showcase. *thumbs up* Again thank you.

Also I haven't played all of those but Cthulhu, I have no Mouth and Eternal Darkness? You sir have excellent taste. I'd have to include Clock Tower somewhere in my own personal list though. ;)
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Daria wrote:Annnnd another review. This time check out what happens when you make a Breakout/Arkanoid game and infuse it with light action adventure elements.

Classic example of a game that's way better with 2+ players. One of the few non-sports 4 player games on SNES that's actually pretty good.

Good job on the video! Subbed
Daria
24-bit

Post by Daria »

Thanks Drunk.

Just finished my Landstalker review last night. I love discovering new favorites.

Dec 24 2015 - Landstalker - Misunderstood Platforming Classic