Anyone Used A Composite to VGA Adapter?

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone Used A Composite to VGA Adapter?

Post by Fragems »

I'm just using a tuner card with Composite/Coaxial for capture right now. This adapter is just plugged directly into my secondary display. Tuner cards image takes a big hit in quality when recording so I'm just using a splitter/amplifier with this adapter so I can play on another screen while recording.

Here is my basic setup.

Have the PS2, GC, and Xbox running to a 4 to 1 A/V Selector. Plus the Atari 2600 and Genesis(will snag the a/v cables from my main if I do a review).

Coaxial goes directly to the tuner, but the Composite goes to a 1 input to 4 output splitter/amplifier.

From there the composite signal is sent both to my tuner card and the adapter which is hooked to my secondary monitor.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Fragems wrote:I'm just using a tuner card with Composite/Coaxial for capture right now. This adapter is just plugged directly into my secondary display. Tuner cards image takes a big hit in quality when recording so I'm just using a splitter/amplifier with this adapter so I can play on another screen while recording.

Here is my basic setup.

Have the PS2, GC, and Xbox running to a 4 to 1 A/V Selector. Plus the Atari 2600 and Genesis(will snag the a/v cables from my main if I do a review).

Coaxial goes directly to the tuner, but the Composite goes to a 1 input to 4 output splitter/amplifier.

From there the composite signal is sent both to my tuner card and the adapter which is hooked to my secondary monitor.

Oh, okay. The adapter is basically for a direct feed to the monitor for playing a game. The adapter has the SVideo, maybe try that over Composite for consoles that support; for a clearer signal to the VGA monitor gaming.

If your capture card has SVideo input, maybe use that for all the consoles that have that capability? If you ever upgrade the capture card itself, maybe look into a couple of additional inputs?

1. Svideo if your existing card does not have it.
2. Component for the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and any other newer consoles.
3. VGA from the adapter, though it would be limited by its SVideo input.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

When hunting a CRT VGA, be sure its a 15 pin & not the old school 9 pin. Although Im no expert on the subject, hose monitors typically run at a different Hz and have compatibility issues. Found this out in the Atari scene... Jaguar need 9 pin VGA, Dreamcast or newer adapters are 15 pin VGA. ST & Falcon are their own animals. VGA can be tricky.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5