Hilariously bad game reviews

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Re: Hilariously bad game reviews

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

IGN just reviewed Flappy Brid and it's pretty awful.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/08/ ... ird-review

BTW, the developer of Flappy Bird can't stand all the attention, so he's taking the game down tomorrow. Download it for free on your iPhone, Android device, or WinPhone right now.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Valkyrie-Favor wrote:IGN just reviewed Flappy Brid and it's pretty awful.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/08/ ... ird-review

BTW, the developer of Flappy Bird can't stand all the attention, so he's taking the game down tomorrow. Download it for free on your iPhone, Android device, or WinPhone right now.

I don't really care about Flappy Bird, but wow, that video. Way to be dicks over a free game that's not even a megabyte in size.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Wow that IGN review is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. That's even worse than most YouTube stuff.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

My sister introduced me to Flappy Bird. It's pretty funny how people get so into it. Anyone can experience the joy of gaming with it since it's legitimately challenging but there's no barrier to entry. I enjoyed my time with it.

Anyone who plays shmups can easily get a score in the triple digits - spend an hour with this game and impress your friends. You won't top the leaderboards though - there are scores in the billions, but it takes two seconds to score a point.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

I downloaded Flappy Bird just for the heck of it. I'm not sure what the big fuss is all about. There is an article on every dang website I visit. Can someone explain what exactly is going on? :?

I know the game is being taken down but... So?
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

There's nothing to explain. A bunch of people suddenly discovered a game they liked and it became popular.

More interesting is the fact that devs now have the power to take down their games. Sure, it'll still be available for those willing to search for other methods, but the developer might be the first person able to stop an internet sensation that he started.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

There's nothing wrong with being required to pull off some fast-paced, evasive maneuvers, but Giga Wing 2 takes it to such an utterly insane level that it's a joke. The enemy fire is so thick, so heartless and so unavoidable that it's literally impossible to make it through a single stage unscathed. I can't even begin to describe how many projectiles are fired onscreen at once, and forget about using any kind of skill to dodge them. Looking at some of the patterns of fire, I doubt it's even possible to successfully evade the amount of flak aimed in your general direction. Without trying to sound like a broken record, no amount of manual dexterity whatsoever is going to get you through this one.

As a consequence, there's almost no gameplay at all. What you'll find offered here amounts to moving your ship around the screen while holding the fire button down and launching super-bombs while you constantly die and respawn amid a pyrotechnic lightshow.

You can fucking reflect bullets! How did he hold the fire button down for the entire game and not figure this out? There are two fucking buttons!!

Come on!
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

dunpeal2064 wrote:You can fucking reflect bullets! How did he hold the fire button down for the entire game and not figure this out? There are two fucking buttons!!

Come on!

You can also dodge but most people who review shmups don't seem to! :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

What, you mean I can't beat the game my very first try, while barely paying attention and not even understanding the basic concepts of the genre itself?

TOO HARD
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

cha cha wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw4YfxlGD_Y&feature=share&list=FLOR4p813xz5LueagMtMPg-g&index=425

LOL, this SFZ2 review is like... So hilariously messed up. The guy says like some of the most incorrect things about SF you will ever hear, treats the movie like canon for the entire franchise and judges the game on completely inane aspects like endings.

I'd almost believe he has never played videogames before doing reviews. But yea, he has some priceless quotes.

Am I the only one who realizes that these videos are supposed to be intentional satire of things like this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzyz2TgGls

Seriously, how could you guys NOT see that? It even says it is meant for comedic purposes in the video's description! :roll:
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^