Hilariously bad game reviews

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Re: Hilariously bad game reviews

Post by Erik_Twice »

lisalover1 wrote:Am I the only one who realizes that these videos are supposed to be intentional satire of things like this?

Poe's law? :lol:
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

General_Norris wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:You can fucking reflect bullets! How did he hold the fire button down for the entire game and not figure this out? There are two fucking buttons!!

Come on!

You can also dodge but most people who review shmups don't seem to! :lol:

And on top of all of that you have screen clearing bombs if things get really hairy.

But why try when you can credit feed and call the game boring? :lol:
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

At the beginning of the thread, Ack pointed out that the article I linked might have been satire. Maybe that's true, but right now the satire is indifferentiable from the real thing. That's the situation we're in. :lol:
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

That review is just full of errors. Embarrassing.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Not horrible, but here's a pretty silly Ys review.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/03/05/ ... -ii-review

Only the hardest of the hardcore need apply.

lol that's something you'd hear about The 7th Saga. Ys is pretty universally appealing. Also, the reviewer completely ignored the addition of maps to the game - something that differentiates the DS version from all other ports and makes it substantially easier. I'm guessing he's not familiar with the source material.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

NEVER HAD A STRATEGY.jpg
NEVER HAD A STRATEGY.jpg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 5016 times
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Ys is pretty universally appealing.

I don't know if I agree, but that's only because the series never really appealed to me.

I do hate it however when reviews say things like "you need to be hardcore to appreciate this" when it's just a matter of they themselves not getting into it. There's a difference between a game being difficult because it's hard and a game being "difficult" because you're just not into the gameplay enough to care.

I think it would be more accurate to recommend it to genre fans (or enthusiasts if you need a stronger word). I really wish the word hardcore would get washed out of gamer vernacular entirely. Just saying it creates a barrier that halts a lot of people's curiosity.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Taintedreality
8-bit

Post by Taintedreality »

I hate to laugh at people that try... but this guy is blowing out his mic so bad I can't help but face palm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4KhlHaQda0