Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
User avatar
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by SNESdrunk Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:47 am

AznKhmerBoi wrote:Love your videos and keep up the great work.
Discovering lots of new old school classics due to your vids.


Thanks! Lots more to come
User avatar
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by SNESdrunk Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:13 am

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 - Phalanx
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20871
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by Ack Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:30 am

SNESdrunk wrote:Tuesday, November 3, 2015 - Phalanx


Dude, now I want to play a platformer with an old dude who hops around beating people with banjo licks.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by SNESdrunk Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:20 am

Ack wrote:
SNESdrunk wrote:Tuesday, November 3, 2015 - Phalanx


Dude, now I want to play a platformer with an old dude who hops around beating people with banjo licks.


:lol: Well, you could do a sprite-swap with Guitar Guy from the AVGN game
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20871
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by Ack Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:45 am

SNESdrunk wrote:
Ack wrote:
SNESdrunk wrote:Tuesday, November 3, 2015 - Phalanx


Dude, now I want to play a platformer with an old dude who hops around beating people with banjo licks.


:lol: Well, you could do a sprite-swap with Guitar Guy from the AVGN game


This. This needs to happen. It is the will of the gods.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
Xeogred
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 14368
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Location: KC

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by Xeogred Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Phalanx looks like it channels some Thunder Force. May have to check that one out. How much did Bone get paid for the cover?

Wow, Energy Breaker looks and sounds incredible though. I absolutely loved Tactics Ogre on the SNES.
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20871
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by Ack Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:07 pm

Hey SNESdrunk, since you're the moderator for the Super Nintendo subreddit, I figure I should ask you what you see to be the "in-thing" right now with the SNES. Any particular games or genres folks are really clamoring over right now? Any particular aspects of controls or collectability that really stands out?
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by SNESdrunk Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Ack wrote:Hey SNESdrunk, since you're the moderator for the Super Nintendo subreddit, I figure I should ask you what you see to be the "in-thing" right now with the SNES. Any particular games or genres folks are really clamoring over right now? Any particular aspects of controls or collectability that really stands out?


Japan-only Super Famicom stuff is popular thanks to more and more English patches being made, and thanks to the Retron 5. And I mean ANY Super Famicom stuff too, it's all new to a lot of people. Ganbare Goemon 2 was just asked about today.
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 20871
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by Ack Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Interesting, yet it makes perfect sense. Are you getting a lot of calls to do more import-focused videos?
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

by SNESdrunk Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Ack wrote:Interesting, yet it makes perfect sense. Are you getting a lot of calls to do more import-focused videos?


Yeah particularly the RPGs, the video I did on Energy Breaker got a really positive response.

We have over 12,000 people subbed now which is crazy, and it's mostly on the strength of people discovering new games they never knew existed.
Return to Game Reviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest