SNESdrunk reviews

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Ack

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

Post by Ack »

SNESdrunk wrote:Thursday, December 10, 2015 - Faceball 2000

Ah man, the Faceball series.

You should look at the four SNES FPS games sometime: Faceball, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Super Noah's Ark. They're...well, they're something.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Ack wrote:
SNESdrunk wrote:Thursday, December 10, 2015 - Faceball 2000

Ah man, the Faceball series.

You should look at the four SNES FPS games sometime: Faceball, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Super Noah's Ark. They're...well, they're something.

Doom and Wolf-3D are interesting artifacts at the very least.

Doom because the engine was completely re-written from the ground up for the SNES and Wolf-3D for its bizarre censorship and because this was the version (sans censorship) that was used as the basis for the Mac, 3DO and Jaguar ports.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Dude, I've just gotta say that I've enjoyed every single one of your videos since you've started. All of your reviews are interesting, informative, and well presented. You definitely are making one of my favorite channels right now. Keep up the good work and finding us those interesting games to talk about!
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

8bit wrote:Dude, I've just gotta say that I've enjoyed every single one of your videos since you've started. All of your reviews are interesting, informative, and well presented. You definitely are making one of my favorite channels right now. Keep up the good work and finding us those interesting games to talk about!

Hey thanks! You've been watching from the beginning too so I really appreciate it. Lots more to come
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Gunstar Green wrote:
Ack wrote:Ah man, the Faceball series.

Doom and Wolf-3D are interesting artifacts at the very least.

Doom because the engine was completely re-written from the ground up for the SNES and Wolf-3D for its bizarre censorship and because this was the version (sans censorship) that was used as the basis for the Mac, 3DO and Jaguar ports.

I hate the Doom SNES port. They tried, oh how they tried, but it just looks and plays awful. I already did a video on that one.

A SNES FPS games video would be pretty good though, thanks
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Rewatched your Soul Blazer vid because I'm currently blogging about the game and wanted another perspective. I found the slap bass thing kinda odd too. :lol:

Then I watched like 10 more of your videos back-to-back because such is my life.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

SNESdrunk wrote:I hate the Doom SNES port. They tried, oh how they tried, but it just looks and plays awful. I already did a video on that one.

Yeah, they went above and beyond to make it work but it just... didn't.

Great music though.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Rewatched your Soul Blazer vid because I'm currently blogging about the game and wanted another perspective. I found the slap bass thing kinda odd too. :lol:

Then I watched like 10 more of your videos back-to-back because such is my life.

Thanks Bone
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - Pocky and Rocky SNES games
Ack

Post by Ack »

SNESdrunk wrote:Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - Pocky and Rocky SNES games

These games are amazing, and I'm glad you covered them. Dat OST too. Wonderful stuff.