SNESdrunk reviews

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

Post by SNESdrunk »

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - Chrono Trigger: Why the Hype?
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

You forgot to mention the ripped off music :lol:

What are the differences between the DS and SNES version? Is the DS version good? Cause the GBA version of FF VI suffered from the weaker sound chip and speaker.

BTW you got a boost in views for this video right? Gratz on the 1K views.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

ZeroAX wrote:You forgot to mention the ripped off music :lol:

Dang, I should've used Robo's theme somewhere. Nothing like a good Robo roll

ZeroAX wrote:What are the differences between the DS and SNES version? Is the DS version good? Cause the GBA version of FF VI suffered from the weaker sound chip and speaker.

DS version has a more streamlined, more accurate translation. Unfortunately that means some of the funny Woolsey lines like "Check out that hair!" and "I'm so happy I could scream!" are changed. It's an excellent port though, it has the anime cut scenes from the PSX release, plus a ton of bonus content like the Lost Sanctum, and the Dimensional Vortex stuff after you finish the game. Plus there's this weird Pokemon-like arena thing, I never did anything with it but it's there.

ZeroAX wrote:BTW you got a boost in views for this video right? Gratz on the 1K views.

Thanks!
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 - Legend of the Mystical Ninja
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Monday, November 18, 2013 - Super Mario RPG: Why the Hype?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

s1rweeze wrote:Tuesday, November 5, 2013 - Legend of the Mystical Ninja

I was watching this review and thinking, "Wow, this game looks cool Maybe I'll play it." Right up till about 1:58 when I saw that bullshit password system!

I really enjoy watching your reviews, and this is coming from a guy that doesn't really sit and watch YouTube reviews and such. They're not too long, not too short. Right to the point, with mostly all the right points. You come across mostly neutral, without any "this game is great, go play it, just because I love it." When you give a game a mostly positive review, it makes me wanna try it out.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Ziggy587 wrote:
s1rweeze wrote:Tuesday, November 5, 2013 - Legend of the Mystical Ninja

I was watching this review and thinking, "Wow, this game looks cool Maybe I'll play it." Right up till about 1:58 when I saw that bullshit password system!

I really enjoy watching your reviews, and this is coming from a guy that doesn't really sit and watch YouTube reviews and such. They're not too long, not too short. Right to the point, with mostly all the right points. You come across mostly neutral, without any "this game is great, go play it, just because I love it." When you give a game a mostly positive review, it makes me wanna try it out.

Thanks, that's really cool to hear. I try and cut out as much "production fluff" as possible to put more emphasis on substance.

I've been told I've been doing too many positive reviews lately (well, nothing BUT positive reviews) but that'll change eventually. *cough*SecretOfEvermore*cough*
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - Illusion of Gaia
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Monday, December 2, 2013 - Secret of Evermore

Already have negative karma on reddit for this one :lol: