SNESdrunk reviews

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
Ziggy

Re: SNESdrunk reviews

Post by Ziggy »

ZeroAX wrote:
s1rweeze wrote:Because I made this username a while back and I haven't figured out how to change my username on here. Unless I'm a complete idiot (always a possibility) I'm not sure you can?

I think you can ask a mod/admin to do that for you. I'm sure they will be able to help you out. Specially since you are still a new member (post wise) and thus there won't be any confusion when you change your name. Plus everyone probably only notices your avatar....I know I do :oops: . Heck I'm sure in most people's head I'm the Greek S&K logo guy :lol:

Yeah, you can ask an admin. There's no harm in asking. The worst that can happen is they say no. Don't get your hopes up, user name changes are only done on special occasions. Otherwise, every one would be asking for name changes and it would be pandemonium! However, you don't have a bad case. You made an account here back before you started doing SNES reviews. It's understandable if you want your user name here to match for notoriety.
8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

Ziggy587 wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:
s1rweeze wrote:Because I made this username a while back and I haven't figured out how to change my username on here. Unless I'm a complete idiot (always a possibility) I'm not sure you can?

I think you can ask a mod/admin to do that for you. I'm sure they will be able to help you out. Specially since you are still a new member (post wise) and thus there won't be any confusion when you change your name. Plus everyone probably only notices your avatar....I know I do :oops: . Heck I'm sure in most people's head I'm the Greek S&K logo guy :lol:

Yeah, you can ask an admin. There's no harm in asking. The worst that can happen is they say no. Don't get your hopes up, user name changes are only done on special occasions. Otherwise, every one would be asking for name changes and it would be pandemonium! However, you don't have a bad case. You made an account here back before you started doing SNES reviews. It's understandable if you want your user name here to match for notoriety.

Mods have denied the two times i've ask. I made mine in a rush to start posting and regret it because while it applies to retro gaming it also makes me sound like a wanna be rap star. :lol:

Also just wanted to say I really enjoyed your Top Gear video so I subscribed and commented. :)
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Monday, September 23, 2013 - Final Fight
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Friday, September 27, 2013 - Robotrek
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

s1rweeze wrote:Friday, September 27, 2013 - Robotrek

NICE :D . Also, I still keep hearing people call Chrono Trigger a hidden gem on the SNES so take from that what you will.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Troddlers reminds me a lot of Solomon's Key. At least the blocks aspect of it. And of course lemmings.

But I have to disagree with you, that single music piece that was playing in the review was horrible :lol: . I hope that's not the single track in the game
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Whoops, forgot to post this here...

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - Troddlers
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

ZeroAX wrote:Troddlers reminds me a lot of Solomon's Key. At least the blocks aspect of it. And of course lemmings.

But I have to disagree with you, that single music piece that was playing in the review was horrible :lol: . I hope that's not the single track in the game

:lol: C'mon, I really like the music in that game. Oh well. No that's not the only track, there's 7 or 8 other ones.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Seeing quite a few "Just got a SNES, what games should I get?" posts at places like Reddit and GameFAQs, so I made this video:

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - Essential Super Nintendo Games
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hey man, I don't agree with all of it, but it's a solid list of games. Here's what I think you are spot on about:

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Mega Man X
Super Castlevania IV
Street Fighter II Turbo
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Star Fox
Gradius III
Super Mario Kart
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
NBA Jam Tournament Edition
Tecmo Super Bowl
NHL series
FIFA series
Tetris Attack
Tetris & Dr. Mario
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy III (VI)
Chrono Trigger

So yeah, most of what you proposed. But I have a couple of thoughts on the others.

First, Donkey Kong Country 2...this one is up in the air for me. While I feel DKC2 is superior, I'm still hesitant to declare it over its predecessor. I'm on the fence as a result, though I am happy to see one of the series here.

Second, Mega Man X yes, but I don't consider Mega Man X2 to be as essential. I'd happily recommend it to fellow collectors, but I don't think it's one I "must have" if I'm limited by size and budget constraints. I feel the same for UN Squadron, Secret of Mana, and Super Mario RPG. Instead, I'd argue that Mortal Kombat 2, Killer Instinct, and F-Zero are more essential for a base collection to show off the console's strengths.