SamuraiMegas vs. Dreamcast

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Re: SamuraiMegas vs. Dreamcast

Post by CD AGES »

Most of the time I don't give a damn about fighting games music

Blasphemy! then don't have a "Music "section on your review :lol:

Yes, the oXbox and PS2 ports are severely lacking compared to the DC one

Quite right! the PS2 port in particular is a very bad port.

From what I hear they got some visual upgrades.

A testament on how accurate a port the Dreamcast version is, the XBL and PSN port is based on the Dreamcast port as oppose to the NAOMI release. Unfortunately, because the game was optimized with so much visual upgrades, the games original code was slightly compromised and some new bugs and whatnot were inadvertently created as a result. From what I hear, the fighting game community has reverted back to the DC port at tournament gatherings, but the PSN XBL releases are still relevant due to its online capabilities.

Anywho, as far as the Review goes...

The plain Dreamcast controller doesn't feel quite right to me

and yet you are questioning the performance of a 3rd party MadCatz controller in your review???
:oops:
but then again it might just be because I am terrible or my Madcatz controller is poopy, but I got every character on Soulcalibur with it no problem so i doubt that

huh???

The game is of course like any other Capcom vs game except for the fact that some of the character's are HORRIBLY HORRIBLY HORRIBLY broken. Cable is a good example because i still haven't unlocked all characters yet mostly due to the fact i cannot beat the arcade mode

You pronounce Cable to be "3x HORRIBLY" broken, and yet you can't beat the game with him... Ok.
Anywho, don't concern yourself with bad puns when you need to focus your efforts a bit more on each topic, particularly on "Gameplay". There just isn't enough there to consider this a review.

I'm gonna take you for a ride. It distracts from the game.

How does it distract you from the game. You only ever hear this during intermissions onto the next match and during the fighter select screen... never during actual gameplay :?
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Don't take the review seriously - he's only a kid.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

I know. its just some stuff in his review is rather confusing, and he asked for feedback.
brandman
32-bit

Post by brandman »

foxhound1022 wrote:Dude, autocorrect is not working with you.

I second this. Do you have a regular computer access with a regular QWERTY keyboard and mouse/trackball? That could help with your forum posting a lot.
Image Image Image VVV
3DS Friend Code: 4382 - 2058 - 7982
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:Don't take the review seriously - he's only a kid.

Uh.
I want you to take it seriously but also remember I am a kid who just started reviewing as a hobby. I am deciding now which game to review, probably sonic shuffle, should be good ;D
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

CD AGES wrote:
Most of the time I don't give a damn about fighting games music

Blasphemy! then don't have a "Music "section on your review :lol:

Yes, the oXbox and PS2 ports are severely lacking compared to the DC one

Quite right! the PS2 port in particular is a very bad port.

From what I hear they got some visual upgrades.

A testament on how accurate a port the Dreamcast version is, the XBL and PSN port is based on the Dreamcast port as oppose to the NAOMI release. Unfortunately, because the game was optimized with so much visual upgrades, the games original code was slightly compromised and some new bugs and whatnot were inadvertently created as a result. From what I hear, the fighting game community has reverted back to the DC port at tournament gatherings, but the PSN XBL releases are still relevant due to its online capabilities.

Anywho, as far as the Review goes...

The plain Dreamcast controller doesn't feel quite right to me

and yet you are questioning the performance of a 3rd party MadCatz controller in your review???
:oops:
but then again it might just be because I am terrible or my Madcatz controller is poopy, but I got every character on Soulcalibur with it no problem so i doubt that

huh???

The game is of course like any other Capcom vs game except for the fact that some of the character's are HORRIBLY HORRIBLY HORRIBLY broken. Cable is a good example because i still haven't unlocked all characters yet mostly due to the fact i cannot beat the arcade mode

You pronounce Cable to be "3x HORRIBLY" broken, and yet you can't beat the game with him... Ok.
Anywho, don't concern yourself with bad puns when you need to focus your efforts a bit more on each topic, particularly on "Gameplay". There just isn't enough there to consider this a review.

I'm gonna take you for a ride. It distracts from the game.

How does it distract you from the game. You only ever hear this during intermissions onto the next match and during the fighter select screen... never during actual gameplay :?

Unfiltered criticism. He won't get that from any teacher! That sort of thing isn't easy to take, though.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Going to write up a SEAMAN review as soon as i can get to the sea man stage of life, having troubles. The mic may be messed up too, got burned out on it so i am going to start up tommorrow playing through.

My BST Thread
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I really need to get back to this, but life has been kinda hectic. I will be writing another review soon, unsure what it'll be.
MK Gold maybe?

My BST Thread
jinx
Next-Gen

Post by jinx »

Ha! I was thinking about asking noise if I could do something like this, but:

1. I'd feel like I was completely ripping him off, even with permission.
2. I'm pretty sure my reviews would be absolutely terrible.
3. I want better recording equipment (on it's way).

I'm looking forward to going back and reading through these when I have the time. :D
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

jinx wrote:Ha! I was thinking about asking noise if I could do something like this, but:

1. I'd feel like I was completely ripping him off, even with permission.

I'm fairly certain that I wasn't the first person to write about his opinions on video games on the internet. :lol: