SamuraiMegas vs. Dreamcast

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

SamuraiMegas vs. Dreamcast

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Inb4hate
I got permission from noise to do this.
Review one is already here! Sorry for typos and grammer. I typed this one on my iPhone and the next reviews will all be better grammar thanks to school laptop.
SOULCALIBUR review below
Some argue that KOF is the best fighter while others may say Street Fighter 2 47th Strike is the best or this game or that. They all may be great, but NOTHING can top SOULCALIBUR in my opinion. I say this because, to me SOULCALIBUR is quite possibly the most perfect fighting game of all time. Maybe even the most perfect GAME even.
CONTROLS: The controls are perfect, when you press a button it happens, no delay they aren't floaty or anything when I think of perfection in control it's always this or Super Mario brothers.
Game modes: SOULCALIBUR has quite a variety of game modes, ranging from survival to time attack and mission battle mode. The biggest mode is mission battle mode where you have to get points to buy art cards. There are 322 cards and range from twenty? To twenty five hundred points. The missions vary in style like, in one the rats bite your feet and you fall or don't touch the edge it will damage you missions. They are fun but eventually the missions get EXTREMELY HARD. You can go back and do easier missions though but you won't get as many points as a hard mission. Aside from the mission battle mode, there is also Arcade mode. After beating it with x amount of characters you get a new one and general fighting game unlockable stuff.
VISUALS: the graphics in this game are truly amazing. The graphics can actually hold up to current gen wii and possibly low end Xbox 360 games. The stages are crisp clean and are great. Like you can even change the season or time of day depending on the stage. The characters look great also; Definitly as good as late Xbox graphics or better.
SOUND: I really love the music in the game especially the main theme. Biggest complaint is that when you beat a female character it sounds like a orgasm which can be weird when playing with another player.
Overall I give SOULCALIBUR a 10/10.
Thanks to the caliber of this game it's legend will never die!

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 REVIEW IS UP!
Oh, the beauty of this game. It's hands down one of the best 2D fighters ever.
Then there is he soundtrack.
IM GONNA TAKE YOU A RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE DO DO DO
Ugh. Who thought that was good music? It isn't a bad song to be honest, but you hear it WAY too much. Why Capcom, why do you hate us?
But on to the review, MVC2 is a great game aside from the music.
CONTROLS: This game is turbo super mega amazing fast. I am new to 2D fighters myself,having only played games like Street Fighter 2 and well, Marvel Vs Capcom 3. The plain Dreamcast controller doesn't feel quite right to me, but getting a good arcade stick is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to expensive. There are PS2 to Dreamcast adapaters , but those are only available online and i thus cannot order one. The biggest complaint I have with this game is that when I try to switch characters on the controller it only works 1/2 the time. If you don't have perfect button timing you might have to try 1-3 times, but then again it might just be because I am terrible or my Madcatz controller is poopy, but I got every character on Soulcalibur with it no problem so i doubt that.
GAMEPLAY- The game is of course like any other Capcom vs game except for the fact that some of the character's are HORRIBLY HORRIBLY HORRIBLY broken. Cable is a good example because i still haven't unlocked all characters yet mostly due to the fact i cannot beat the arcade mode. I make it too the final form of the boss and my attacks always don't connect as much as they should like i may use Cable's Hyper Viper in front of the boss and it just doesn't connect like it should 1/2 the time. I apologize if I am not making very much sense but I can't think of any other way to explain it.
MUSIC- I'm gonna take you for a ride. It distracts from the game. I also can't comment on the music as much as I should mostly because I can barely hear it over the sounds of the fighting or I am too busy trying not to get my butt handed to me on a silver platter. In a nutshell other than the horrid song the music isn't anything really memorable.
EXTRAS- The game has a stupid large amount a characters and lots of hem are broken, not to mention the several joke characters like Servbot and Roll and several others. There is a training mode, score attack mode, and of course Arcade mode. There is also a secret factor mode where you spend points in order to get more stages, characters and outfits.
Overall I'd give Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 a 9 just because it is so dang fun and it has nostalgia value to me.
If you give the game a chance it will take for a ride.

I am always taking puns for the end of my reviews so when i say i am reviewing *insert game* you can suggest ending puns, and if i get any or i like them or not and of course if i have a good one already.
Thanks in advance,
SamuraiMegas

ps: feedback is appreciated
Last edited by SamuraiMegas on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: SamuraiMegas vs. Dreamcast

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 review is near completion, but I will be busy today so it should be up tommorrow.

What did you think of the SOULCALIBUR review ?

My BST Thread
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 review is near completion, but I will be busy today so it should be up tommorrow.

Well, I look forward to reading it.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Thanks. It would probably have been up had I not face plant fell asleep on my laptop at 1 in the morning... Then gotten up early went to a friends and then church.
Atleast I had a good time :wink:

My BST Thread
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

well i have never played the original soul calibur but i have very fond memories of playing soul calibur 2 for the xbox in my junior year of highschool. I had just gotten my drivers license and my first car and I remember my mother gave me $200 to go buy back to school clothes at the mall, lets just say i stopped first at kmart and spent $50 on a couple pairs of jeans and 5 tshirts (hey when your a kid thats all you needed) now i had $150 to spend on video games :). so i walked into the EB games and they had a big giant cutout next to the enterance advertising soul calibur, i walked out with 2 games (i think the other was james bond nightfire) and a pelican tournament ready arcade stick. I remember that game very well because for the first week of school i had to stay at my best friends house because my bedroom was being remodeled, we used to wake up TWO HOURS early before the bus came just to play soul calibur 2 and maybe a few games of nightfire. its funny how some video game memories stick with you so vividly, i still remember how my friends carpet reeks of dog and now whenever i smell a dog it reminds me of soul calibur 2 :lol:
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Well then, if you came to my house you would be overflowing with nostalgia :lol: we have had atleast one dog all of my life except for a 2 year period.
I was typing up the review and laptop crashed but I was smart enough to save it on gmail drafts. Missing two paragraphs that I typed but it won't be two hard to get back.

My BST Thread
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 REVIEW IS UP! LEAVE FEEDBACK

My BST Thread
brandman
32-bit

Post by brandman »

Thanks to the caliber of this game it's legend will never die!

GAWD that's horrible, but I hate puns anyways.

Could you add more spacing, bolding, etc. to your reviews? It's kind of boring to read in terms of reviews, just don't over do it.
Image Image Image VVV
3DS Friend Code: 4382 - 2058 - 7982
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I know the puns are awful but I love putting them at the end of reviews

Don't ask why.
Because I don't know.

My BST Thread
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

MVC2 has great music. The jazz influence gives it so much more movement, which is the most important quality in fighting music next to grooviness. I love the use of brass in a non-symphonic context.

Much more lively than other games like Soul Calibur. That game is great, of course, but its music is very stagnant and predictable. The sample quality is nice and the fantasy film type score is fitting, but it doesn't enhance the game in the same way as MVC2. Only Guilty Gear can match its awesomeness! That's okay, because you're right. It's so dang fun.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while