Pierrot's Twitch Streams

Post game-related video clips here
pierrot
Next-Gen

Pierrot's Twitch Streams

Post by pierrot »

If you like watching games played in Japanese, and with a cranky old person at the helm--well, you probably don't, but that's what I do.

The schedule generally works out like:

Monday - 7:30 pm EST
Wednesday - 7:30 pm EST
Sunday - 6:00 pm EST

Check it out at: https://twitch.tv/pierrot_0

There's a bit more information on the landing page.

I hope to catch you peeking in sometime.

Original post in the spoiler tag.
I've gone ahead and worked out most of the plans for a semi-weekly stream that I'm planning on starting with tomorrow night.

The gist is thus:

Twitch channel - https://www.twitch.tv/pierrot_0

Mondays from 7:30 PM (EST): Adventure (Text Heavy) Games
Visual Novels, text adventures, games light on action elements, etc. I'll just be grinding through something once a week on these nights. I'm planning to start with Kino no Tabi II for the PS2.

Wednesdays from 7:30 PM (EST): RPGs
Predominantly of the JRPG variety. Similar idea: Same game, once a week, until I finish it. I'm planning on starting with Elnard (aka The 7th Saga), tomorrow night.

Plenty of people seem to have little to no problem with doing all sorts of other things while playing video games, but I'm not one of those people, so I'm trying to at least some of the coordination needed for action segments out of the equation. As a result, I'll primarily be playing things that are pretty low intensity. Most things I intend to play will be in Japanese, though, 'cause that's just what I do.

I'm debating another night (Sundays from 7:30 PM) for more of a catch-all, oddities, and puzzle games sort of thing. I'm not sure when I'll make a final decision on that, though.

Check it out; Point and laugh. It's all good.
Last edited by pierrot on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ziggy

Re: Plans For a Regular Games Stream

Post by Ziggy »

Cool, man! Bump this thread in case I forget, I'll see if I can tune in tomorrow.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Sure thing, I'll bump the thread before I go live. Thanks, Zig!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Followed.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Thanks, Xeo!

I'm about to take things online in a few minutes: https://www.twitch.tv/pierrot_0. We're playin' some 7th Saga for the Super Famicom. Come hang out if you feel like it.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I've decided that pierrot quietly bemoaning the higher than expected encounter rate in 7th Saga is my new favorite thing.

"The encounter rate wasn't this high when I tested it earlier..."
"Oh god..."
"Oh Jesus.."
"Uh oh, what are you?"
*quiet sigh*
"...urgh."
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I tuned in for a little while (not signed in). I think the commentary was drowned out by the game audio. Or maybe it was just me, I had the AC blasting in my ear.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Thanks for tuning in!

About the audio: Yeah. I made some adjustments to the levels at the last second, thinking I was making things better, but the game audio was probably too high in the mix, unfortunately. Sorry about that. The way I have things set up isn't ideal for the microphone that I have. I'm going to try to work on that for future streams. I have it set to reduce the game audio when commentary is detected, but it only seems to work under very specific conditions at the moment.

I'm trying to watch the chat, so if the audio is an issue, I can try to make adjustments on the fly. I was at least happy that the stream seems to be stable, and not marred by the herking and jerking I had seen in the past. It looks like I'll need to remember to turn off the scanlines from the framemeister, though. They look kind of bad in the recording.

@Michi :lol: I'm glad you liked that. I was actually getting a little self-conscious about my snark, and groaning, because I'm not sure how many people really like tuning in to that on top of everything being in Japanese. I really did not feel like those little enemy dots were so aggressive, before tonight. I'm also amazed that everything just suddenly demonstrated that they knew how to heal themselves this whole time. Even Orbon, the Dwarf. I do feel like I actually enjoy the game, though. I think the commentary may have been partly fueled by tiredness.

Thanks again for the support!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I was gonna mention the audio in the chat, but I don't have a Twitch login. I guess I should make one.

Here's a tip, I don't know if this is possible with Twitch settings or if you'd have to incorporate this into your rig, but if there's anyway to get compression (for the dynamic range) on your commentary that always helps. Unless you can speak like Ben Stein for the entire time, you can't help but alter the volume of your voice. This isn't a critique of you specifically, just something I've taken note of from everything else I've watched. The narrator/commentator can be talking somewhat softly for a while so you adjust the volume of your speakers accordingly, then all of a sudden exclaim something loudly or get excited and raise the volume of their voice. Sometimes even clipping, depending on their setup I guess. Compression really makes a better experience for the viewer.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

If anyone was wondering, yes I am still planning on streaming tonight. I just had something come up that took a bit more time than I was anticipating. I should be starting up at about 8:30 EST, but maybe a bit abbreviated from what I had planned. Kino no Tabi II is the game. I'm excited!

https://www.twitch.tv/pierrot_0

Ziggy587 wrote:Here's a tip[...].

That is a good idea, and I know what you mean about people's range varying too much. I'll see if there's some way that I can realistically do this, but I'm not aware of anything that I can do for this right now. I'm not really the type to start yelling and shouting, though. It's much more likely for me to just become inaudible.