Pierrot's Twitch Streams

Post game-related video clips here
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Pierrot's Twitch Streams

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Actually managed to catch a stream because I woke up early enough :D
Had lots of fun watching Pierrot play After Armageddon Gaiden, which seems REALLY hard, albeit a pretty interesting game with a REALLY wild story that does some pretty serious stuff really early on :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Yeah, man. It was fun hanging out, and playing some After Armageddon with you yesterday. I tried to find some better info than the manual about some of the mechanics, but the best I could find was a blog post on the game, that seems to indicate that I'm nearly halfway through the story! Did I mention that I'm level 2, and the maximum level is 99? This game is bonkers.

I'm probably going to be doing a lot of grinding initially, but I'm gonna start the stream up again in a little bit.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

pierrot wrote:Yeah, man. It was fun hanging out, and playing some After Armageddon with you yesterday. I tried to find some better info than the manual about some of the mechanics, but the best I could find was a blog post on the game, that seems to indicate that I'm nearly halfway through the story! Did I mention that I'm level 2, and the maximum level is 99? This game is bonkers.

Yeah, the level curve in that game is ridiculous. I don't know if it just ramps up WAY more or if evolutions are supposed to be your main method of progression, if their ceiling for grinding was intended to just be really high, no idea. Loads of fun to watch though. And seeing how funny so many of the evolutions' overworld walking sprites are was definitely one of the highlights of today's stream (of what I managed to catch, anyhow) :lol:
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

The plodding sprites are funny, but I definitely won't be able to tolerate Radyun walking slowly. I was getting really upset about the slow walking speed when I got hit with a treasure chest trap that I guess made him old and feeble.

For anyone who isn't following me, and might want to check out the world of Elnard (The 7th Saga) for a bit, I'll be starting up the stream momentarily: https://twitch.tv/pierrot_0.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

"I'm gonna have nightmares about these spiders."
"Not spiders...Not spiders....Damn it."
"Get bent, spider."
"OMG Olvan, how do I get you to....oh my god this is bad."
"omg....OMG...."
*death by spider*

Dude, your frustration tonight was palpable. Though, to be fair, by the end I think I'm gonna be sick of the spiders too :lol:

EDIT: It was me watching! I'm sorry that dude was so horrendously evil...and that you had to go through the spider cave, like, 3 times. Not cool, game. Not cool.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

It started out so well, too, and then--spiders.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

SPIDERS!

You know, I have The 7th Saga on SNES, but I've not played it yet. I've always read that it was more difficult than the original, and after watching you play this I'm convinced that whoever decided to up the difficulty when they ported it were just straight-up evil. Because who in their right mind would want to make that experience harder than it already was?
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Yeah, exactly. That was a truly wicked person who saw those spiders, and was like, 'Yeah, there's already a lot of nuisances here, but--. We need this to be harder!'

I'm not really sure what was changed about the difficulty, though. I might have to look into that in more detail.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

It's that time again. Time for some After Armageddon Gaiden.

I shifted the time on my schedule, but I'm probably not going to keep the Saturday stream, after finishing After Armageddon. I will probably keep the 6 pm EST start time on Sunday, though.

Also, as much as I love everything Kino, I think I'm going to drop Kino no Tabi II from the schedule, and just shift Elnard into Mondays and Wednesdays now. It's just a little too much for me to try to make a Japanese visual novel entertaining, to anyone other than me, on a Monday night. That will bring things closer to the eventual goal of just playing one game at a time for the streams.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Today's stream was SO fun!
I got to help pick the new evolutions for the After Armageddon party, and got a REALLY good one for the main guy! We discovered by accident a stream or two ago that your walk speed is actually affected by the current form of your lead party member, so I picked one that looked like a jet, thinking that it would be really fast. Not ONLY was I right and it's really fast, but it can ALSO FLY OVER CLIFFS AND WATER ON THE WORLD MAP.

I mean it's a really cool thing that your evolution affects that, but it's also really unarguably a terrible mechanic to tie to something as difficult to change and ultimate a decision as your (apparently?) quite limited monster evolutions :lol: