KeyGlyph's Streams & etcetera

Post game-related video clips here
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

KeyGlyph's Streams & etcetera

Post by Key-Glyph »

It's been a long time since I've updated this post and it's way out of date, so here's where things currently stand in 2023.

KeyGlyph's Twitch channel
VODs: Currently N/A
Schedule: Currently N/A

So what's a KeyGlyph stream like?

My streams have always aspired to capture the laid-back afterschool vibe of a bunch of pals hanging out and playing games in someone's den, and the chat is a positive and talkative group who loves to reminisce about gaming memories as much as I do. I typically play retro titles I feel connected to, as opposed to trying unfamiliar ones randomly, and I don't speedrun or focus on completion. I'm just an average gamer having a comfy time gushing about their love of games with a thoughtful and kindhearted group of chatfriends.

I'm not an affiliate, so there are no ads or monetization features to break your afterschool immersion. There is also no polish to speak of. The only alert we have is a rare doorbell noise (apologies in advance to your doggos), and the only interactivity to speak of are commands styled like old-school text adventure actions (!get, !search, !eat). It's just us, the games, and conversation. And sometimes a doorbell.

I've had no schedule to speak of since the early days of the pandemic, so streams are sporadic and unpredictable. But if this all sounds cool to you, I hope to see you someday if our schedules align!

--------------------------------------------------------

Original Post(s), for posterity:
Hey guys! I'm trying out something new this month: weekly retro gaming streams on Twitch!

The thought process behind this was twofold. First, I love playing video games already, and often do so to chill out at night. Two, I love gaming as a social thing, either by watching loved ones play or playing in a room filled with loved ones. So then I thought... why not try recreating this atmosphere on the internet?!

So if you guys want to sit around in a laid-back, positive retro situation and shoot the breeze with fellow enthusiasts while I muck about on the Genesis, NES, and other such consoles, please drop on in. The stream is clean and the games probably won't be anything edgier than Contra: Hard Corps, so unless the chat goes off the rails, your kids are welcome too! Rated E for Everyone.

Streams are Thursday nights from about 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM eastern. Hope to see some of you Racketfolks in there!

--------------------------------------------------------

Join Key-Glyph on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and sometimes Sundays on her Twitch channel for three different flavors of gaming goodness!

Apple IIsdays
Tuesdays, 6 PM Pacific: Extremely casual meanderings through my Apple IIe software. Captured from genuine hardware, i.e. my actual childhood computer.

Retro Thursdays
Thursdays, 6 PM Pacific: Pre-7th generation gaming. Mostly 8-bit and 16-bit, mostly emulated. Always chill. Stick around for the afterparty at 7:30 PM for casual chat and play-by-request chiptunes!

Sunday Supplementals
Sunday, 4 PM Pacific: Occasional streams of ongoing playthroughs, non-retro, and repeat games. These are bonuses that don't happen every week, so please keep an eye on notifications if you're interested.

If you want to watch the archived streams, please check out the different playlists on my YouTube page. Thanks all, and hope to see you in the chat. <3
Last edited by Key-Glyph on Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 24 times in total.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: KeyGlyph's Weekly Retro Gaming Stream?!

Post by Michi »

Followed!

:)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I can attest that the stream is grade A quality with some super cool people in the chat. Just a lot of VGM and retro game enthusiasts having a jolly time.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

I'll be busy this Thursday but I'll try to catch you the following week!
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

My work schedule means I'll probably not make the actual streams, but I at least followed so I can check out some archives. :)
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

Hey guys, thanks for the interest!

Bogus isn't kidding when he says the chat is full of super cool people. The majority of them were listeners of my podcast, and that show was entirely focused on community sharing and positivity, so it's a crowd that basically self-selected for kindness and enthusiasm. They also mostly know each other, so there's a lot of vibrant inter-chat instead of just isolated comments directed solely at me -- which is awesome, and exactly the vibe I was hoping for.

I know you all have games to play yourselves and other streams to watch, so I'll do my best to keep the original post in this thread updated with what I'll be streaming on a particular week. That way you can tune in if I'm doing something that particularly interests you.

This Thursday (August 9th) is Sonic Spinball. READY TO FRY?

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You had me at Sonic Spinball.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I honestly don't watch many streams, but I do plan to subscribe for those rare occasions.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

For anyone who wants to watch the Sonic Spinball stream after-the-fact, it's been uploaded to Twitch and YouTube. Thanks to all of you who turned out for it!

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

You shooting for an hour with these? I keep missing them!