Post game-related video clips here
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

KeyGlyph's Weekly Retro Gaming Stream?!

by Key-Glyph Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Join Key-Glyph every Thursday from 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM Eastern (and sometimes Wednesdays from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM BST) on her Twitch channel for some retro-gaming goodness!

If you want to watch the archived streams, please check out the YouTube playlist or the Twitch videos page. Thanks all, and hope to see you in the chat! <3

--------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

Hey guys! I'm trying out something new this month: weekly retro gaming streams on Twitch!

The thought process behind this was twofold. First, I love playing video games already, and often do so to chill out at night. Two, I love gaming as a social thing, either by watching loved ones play or playing in a room filled with loved ones. So then I thought... why not try recreating this atmosphere on the internet?!

So if you guys want to sit around in a laid-back, positive retro situation and shoot the breeze with fellow enthusiasts while I muck about on the Genesis, NES, and other such consoles, please drop on in. The stream is clean and the games probably won't be anything edgier than Contra: Hard Corps, so unless the chat goes off the rails, your kids are welcome too! Rated E for Everyone.

Streams are Thursday nights from about 8:30 PM to 10:00 PM eastern. Hope to see some of you Racketfolks in there!
Last edited by Key-Glyph on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:22 am, edited 18 times in total.
BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: KeyGlyph's Weekly Retro Gaming Stream?!

by Michi Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Followed!

:)
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:29 pm

I can attest that the stream is grade A quality with some super cool people in the chat. Just a lot of VGM and retro game enthusiasts having a jolly time.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 pm

I'll be busy this Thursday but I'll try to catch you the following week!
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:40 am

My work schedule means I'll probably not make the actual streams, but I at least followed so I can check out some archives. :)
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

by Key-Glyph Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:10 am

Hey guys, thanks for the interest!

Bogus isn't kidding when he says the chat is full of super cool people. The majority of them were listeners of my podcast, and that show was entirely focused on community sharing and positivity, so it's a crowd that basically self-selected for kindness and enthusiasm. They also mostly know each other, so there's a lot of vibrant inter-chat instead of just isolated comments directed solely at me -- which is awesome, and exactly the vibe I was hoping for.

I know you all have games to play yourselves and other streams to watch, so I'll do my best to keep the original post in this thread updated with what I'll be streaming on a particular week. That way you can tune in if I'm doing something that particularly interests you.

This Thursday (August 9th) is Sonic Spinball. READY TO FRY?
BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:21 pm

You had me at Sonic Spinball.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:22 pm

I honestly don't watch many streams, but I do plan to subscribe for those rare occasions.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

by Key-Glyph Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 pm

For anyone who wants to watch the Sonic Spinball stream after-the-fact, it's been uploaded to Twitch and YouTube. Thanks to all of you who turned out for it!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:57 pm

You shooting for an hour with these? I keep missing them!
Return to Videos