Ziggy's Video Thread

Post game-related video clips here
Ziggy

Re: Ziggy's Video Thread

Post by Ziggy »

Snow day today, so I figured I'd bust out a couple of quick videos.

Super Mario Maker - My Autoplay Level: https://youtu.be/QzpGQb74nlo
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

Sorry I'm still on your Castlevania video, just posting to say that at 4:20 or so I didn't realize you could just crouch under the middle of the 3 crushy things and you'd be safe from getting squashed. I always thought you had to avoid it altogether. 0_0
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Anayo wrote:Sorry I'm still on your Castlevania video, just posting to say that at 4:20 or so I didn't realize you could just crouch under the middle of the 3 crushy things and you'd be safe from getting squashed. I always thought you had to avoid it altogether. 0_0

It's only the middle one you can crouch under, the other two will be instant death if you try that. Ah, I just re-read what you said and didn't realize you already knew this!

But yeah, that's most of the reason I wanted to post this video. I love seeing other people's strategies, and now they can see mine!

Which reminds me, I forgot to comment on something...

Sarge wrote:I also learned a few tricks: picking up the crown in level 2 through the screen transition, the fact that you could stand on the axe knights while they were in stun-lock, and that last bit of meat in the wall in level 6.

Oh yeah, you should check out some speed runs of the game. All sorts of nifty stuff like that.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

FINALLY picked up the original Castlevania for NES yesterday and played it to completion (only 1st run).
That has been a glaring hole in my collection for years, as I did have the other 2 carts.
I do have memories playing the original way back when, but just never owned it or beat it back then. I did my 1st complete playthrough when I picked up the NES classic version on GBA, when it released. That was good enough at the time, but I am so happy to finally have the real deal.

At last, I have earned my right as a true Castlevania fan. Actually, anyone can be a hardcore fan, with or without the physical ownership, but it amazes me how much more serious you take the game when you are playing the actual cart. (for my part at least).

--Edit--
Has anyone here defeated death without resorting to holy water. I try every now and then and always end up saying screw it.
...just another lost soul...
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

nightrnr wrote:--Edit--
Has anyone here defeated death without resorting to holy water. I try every now and then and always end up saying screw it.

Didn't see this edit until now :lol:

I've beaten Death without holy water a number of times. Such attempts are usually as a result of accidentally losing the holy water. The last checkpoint before Death, you get the cross (aka boomerang) and there's plenty of hearts and enemies to get the Triple Shot before death. So my method is to get the cross with the triple shot and just spam the cross while concentrating on Death's scythes. Ignore Death all together, just keep throwing crosses and concentrate on avoiding the scythes. Death will take damage as a result of this method, but I find that if you focus on trying to damage Death, you end up eating shit from his scythes.

Getting to Death without taking any damage is probably the harder part.