Snatch Gaming - Channel update and four games to check out!

Post game-related video clips here
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Rare Replay - Snatch Gaming Review

Post by Snatch1414 »

30 years worth of games from a great publisher? This has gotta be worth it right??? Plus, a min-rant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4QMGGTb4q4
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Snatch Gaming - Rare Replay Review!

Post by Snatch1414 »

Does Hyperkin's retro consoles finally live up to their potential with this fifth iteration? I finally grabbed one and took it for a spin to see if it's worth your time and money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA6bBTmPlE8
SnatchGaming.com
d123456
Next-Gen

Re: Snatch Gaming - Late Ass Review: Retron 5

Post by d123456 »

Nice review.
I want the complete opposite of the retron. I want real hardware with everdrives.
I do respect that this is a convenient way to play cartridges. And it is kind of an honor to all us retro heads that stuff like this even gets made.
I expect some day somebody will make their own retron with actual hardware, that would be so awesome!
Does the Retron5 support regular usb controllers, like the Saturn USB controller? That would be a huge plus.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Snatch Gaming - Late Ass Review: Retron 5

Post by Snatch1414 »

d123456 wrote:Nice review.
I want the complete opposite of the retron. I want real hardware with everdrives.
I do respect that this is a convenient way to play cartridges. And it is kind of an honor to all us retro heads that stuff like this even gets made.
I expect some day somebody will make their own retron with actual hardware, that would be so awesome!
Does the Retron5 support regular usb controllers, like the Saturn USB controller? That would be a huge plus.

There's no USB port so unless I'm missing something I don't believe so unfortunately. They seem to be keen on making noticeable improvements though and not just releasing the same thing every generation, so it could happen. Thanks for watching it!
SnatchGaming.com
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Snatch Gaming - Dinosaurs for Hire (Sega Genesis)

Post by Snatch1414 »

Dinosaurs with automatic weapons? What's not to like? Why didn't this franchise ever take off? I examine whether or not the Genesis game does this series justice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MDo30SA5W8
SnatchGaming.com
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Nice video, I always had a soft spot for this game since it's such a product of its time.

The single player mode is pretty decent but I don't ever recommend trying co-op. You'll just keep killing each other in the platforming segments because of the way the camera moves around. It's insanely frustrating and makes the game a hundred times harder.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

Gunstar Green wrote:Nice video, I always had a soft spot for this game since it's such a product of its time.

The single player mode is pretty decent but I don't ever recommend trying co-op. You'll just keep killing each other in the platforming segments because of the way the camera moves around. It's insanely frustrating and makes the game a hundred times harder.

Yeah "product of its time" is a great way to put it. To your point about co-op, I did mean to try and throw in some line about how co-op might be a little goofy given how close the camera is/how big the character sprites are.
SnatchGaming.com
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Re: Snatch Gaming - Check out my podcast!

Post by Snatch1414 »

New video: a channel update and some games I've been playing. Relax and hit play!

https://youtu.be/8ERB2ZjQt3A
SnatchGaming.com