The Game Sack Video Thread

Post game-related video clips here
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: The Game Sack Video Thread

Post by ninjainspandex »

Please don't judge Waku Waku 7 based on the Saturn port, it was a god awful port. Everything you complained about are not present in the Neo Geo versions, please give it a second chance. It is one of the best fighters on the Neo Geo, and that is saying alot.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

lol I posted the exact same message on the video comments page. WW7 is one of my all-time favorites and its a shame that many judge it based on that terrible port.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

You both say that but he did say he liked it in spite of that ports flaws.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

I don't know if Joe or Dave is reading this, but it would awesome to see you guys do a game music-centric episode. Like your personal top 5 game soundtracks, or something like "Awful Games with Awesome Music"

Mighty Max on the Genesis is a (god-awful) contender that comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBX_UVy ... HmbMCj3nzx
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I was personally a little disappointed when I didn't see any mention of Super Spy Hunter. It fits the Sunsoft fun and good music criteria like all the other games in the video. I did see in the comments that Dave attempted it but played it poorly enough not to get too far. I'm looking for it but it's going for more than $20 right now :evil:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

ExedExes wrote:I was personally a little disappointed when I didn't see any mention of Super Spy Hunter. It fits the Sunsoft fun and good music criteria like all the other games in the video. I did see in the comments that Dave attempted it but played it poorly enough not to get too far. I'm looking for it but it's going for more than $20 right now :evil:

I really love that one. It's a great marriage of Spy Hunter and horizontal shoot 'em ups. I know it's called something else in Japan but I'm glad they put the Spy Hunter name on it. It certainly beats the hell out of the real Spy Hunter 2.
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

^- Battle Formula in Japan.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Gunstar Green wrote:I really love that one. It's a great marriage of Spy Hunter and horizontal shoot 'em ups. I know it's called something else in Japan but I'm glad they put the Spy Hunter name on it. It certainly beats the hell out of the real Spy Hunter 2.

Yes, it was Battle Formula, another Sunsoft idea to take a completely unrelated game and put it in the series (just like Blaster Master Boy), but it was a good thing. The second copyright screen says it uses "elements of Spy Hunter II", but I'm not seeing anything, because that sequel is one I'd like to forget real fast (but it's playable on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 if your morbid curiosity leans you to it)
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

ExedExes wrote:Yes, it was Battle Formula, another Sunsoft idea to take a completely unrelated game and put it in the series (just like Blaster Master Boy), but it was a good thing. The second copyright screen says it uses "elements of Spy Hunter II", but I'm not seeing anything, because that sequel is one I'd like to forget real fast (but it's playable on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 if your morbid curiosity leans you to it)

They had an interesting idea with two player co-op using a two-screen cabinet. I felt like they were trying to one-up the awesome engineering of the original cabinet and tried way too hard. Unfortunately the game itself was garbage. I only encountered the cabinet once in my life but that was enough.

I personally always felt like Roadblasters made a better follow up.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Good observation. Roadblasters could've easily been a better Spy Hunter II.