Post game-related video clips here
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: The Game Sack Video Thread

by TEKTORO Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:23 am

They've done a lot and are classic imo, up there with Bob Ross!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:05 am

noiseredux wrote:sucks, but understandable. And they have a huge archive of old videos to rewatch. Many of my favorite GS episodes I've watched 3, 4, 5 times over the years. I agree w/ Joe that "seasons" would make sense for the YT-ers out there. But eh, the internet is fickle. Not sure if he still reads this thread, but if so just want to voice that I'd be happy with even one video a month if meant y'all keeping your sanity and keeping the showing going.

Agreed.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Once a month is too far a stretch between vids.
Their old bi-weekly schedule was spot on.

Hope they return with renewed enthusiasm. :)
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:36 pm

I'd prefer once a month over them getting burnt out and quitting altogether.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:46 pm

I think one a month is a good move if they plan to keep the half-hour-ish format. I've found their last several videos to be lacking and I'd prefer they have more time to dig deeper with more interesting topics.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:35 pm

gimme dat sack
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 pm

They have a good point about TV and seasons, but who's tried doing a format like that online? Can anyone confirm it fails? I can easily see what they mean about the internet being different and there's a higher chance of people losing interest if the content stops for awhile, but has anyone tried a seasons format on youtube? Perhaps with the proper format, buildup, and advertising it could work out. The beginning of new seasons could be hyped up with anticipation and maybe bring in a slew of new fans.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Xeogred wrote:They have a good point about TV and seasons, but who's tried doing a format like that online? Can anyone confirm it fails? I can easily see what they mean about the internet being different and there's a higher chance of people losing interest if the content stops for awhile, but has anyone tried a seasons format on youtube? Perhaps with the proper format, buildup, and advertising it could work out. The beginning of new seasons could be hyped up with anticipation and maybe bring in a slew of new fans.

Seasons have been done successfully in regards to TV show like content with acting and such. As far as gaming goes it's either a constant stream of content or "when it's done."
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:47 am

I was always incredibly impressed with their pace of new content, especially given all the editing work and overall quality. This hiatus is overdue imo.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:29 am

BTW, I wonder what the topic will be for their last episode before they take a break.
Maybe another system review? At this point, though, they may be running out of consoles/handhelds to talk about.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Return to Videos