Post game-related video clips here
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: The Game Sack Video Thread

by alienjesus Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:32 pm

Gunstar Green wrote:
Xeogred wrote:Game Sack abandoned RB lol.

Joe used to post on quite a few retro game communities, but I haven't seen him on any in months.

I've seen him getting pissed off with people on a couple too, so maybe he just decided against forum posting in general.

It's a shame, I love Game Sack and he was a knowledgeable guy to have around the place.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:52 pm

His cynicism is starting to come through pretty strongly in the newer videos sometimes, not really in a good way either. I hope there's still some passion behind it and they're not just going through the motions.

Dave on the other hand has gotten way cooler over time.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:08 pm

He had quite a bit of drama with people on Sega-16 where he had been a moderator for years. Obviously I can't speak for the guy but I think that took some of the wind out of him as far as participating in online communities go.

As for his cynicism I really didn't notice a change. In my opinion he's been the same level of outspoken and surly since I've first come across him online in 2006.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:16 pm

They are ding videos on that the final bosses website, they may just be focusing on that sight in particular now.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:34 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:They are ding videos on that the final bosses website, they may just be focusing on that sight in particular now.

Your phone posts are nasty. lol

I keep up with Final Bosses, but I only like about half the guys there.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Xeogred wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:They are ding videos on that the final bosses website, they may just be focusing on that sight in particular now.

Hahahaha. How did you know?!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Xeogred wrote:

Hahahaha. How did you know?!

I remember you mentioning it somewhere awhile back, and it seems very obvious with the weird auto spellcheck and word changes.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:03 am

Sadness! :cry:

I guess it happens to the best of them. Lets hope some time off helps them.

Facebook quote!

Game Sack is going on hiatus. We do have another episode coming up in two weeks but then after that we don't know when the next one will be. And no, there's no internal struggle or anything like that going on. Everyone is getting along fine and dandy and there's no conflicts. However come April the show will be 5 years old. We've been doing this pretty much nonstop regularly since April of 2011. No breaks. Even when there were obligations in real life we kept going through with Game Sack. TV shows get seasons and nobody minds. You take breaks on Youtube and people lose interest, subscribers diminish and people become angry. Don't get us wrong, we love making the show for everyone and it is constantly on our minds. The show has also been dying. It's been rapidly declining in views and I think people are perhaps getting a little too much "Sack". We think the best thing to do when we come back might be to go bi-weekly again.
We let our Patreon supporters know first about this yesterday since they actually fund part of the show. That way they could also decide if they want to change or delete their pledges.
Also we wanted to let you know that we won't be attending any conventions in 2016. This was a decision we made during the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in 2015. While we love meeting you all, it's just really hard for us to go on these trips because it's stressful and it interferes with the production of the show.

I'm sure they'll be back soon! Everyone needs a break now and then.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:09 am

I view and like every time guys, please consider doing some more Blu Rays/ DVDs for sale while in hiatus if that's an option?
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:10 am

sucks, but understandable. And they have a huge archive of old videos to rewatch. Many of my favorite GS episodes I've watched 3, 4, 5 times over the years. I agree w/ Joe that "seasons" would make sense for the YT-ers out there. But eh, the internet is fickle. Not sure if he still reads this thread, but if so just want to voice that I'd be happy with even one video a month if meant y'all keeping your sanity and keeping the showing going.
Return to Videos