Post game-related video clips here
Redifer
128-bit

Re: The Game Sack Video Thread

by Redifer Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:33 pm

Thierry Henry wrote:So I guess the gist of it for non Japanese speakers is Zenki, Zeroigar, and Chip Chan Kick being the main titles to consider?

Correct. Team Innocent isn't bad if you're using a FAQ and there is a translation effort currently going on.

dogman91 wrote:Do yourself a favor for your mental sanity and just ignore Kuikkamies in the YouTube comments.

Which one was he? The one saying that we betrayed our audience or some such thing?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Redifer wrote:
dogman91 wrote:Do yourself a favor for your mental sanity and just ignore Kuikkamies in the YouTube comments.

Which one was he? The one saying that we betrayed our audience or some such thing?

Yeah, I actually had to look that comment up. Great stuff.
the7k
Next-Gen

by the7k Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:19 pm

Well, he did have a point in that the reason Pia Carrot was translated is because it's been released on countless other platforms so translation work had been done before. (Plus who doesn't like a little cheesecake?) He didn't have to be a dick about it, but such is the internet I suppose...

It'd be nice if they'd translate some of the other games that got ports on other consoles like Langrisser, but such is life.

Something about the PC-FX, I dunno, but I still want one - even though there's no fighting games for it or anything. I guess it's that forbidden fruit appeal of it being unreleased in the states, same sorta reason I want a Wonderswan.
Redifer
128-bit

by Redifer Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:54 pm

I think it's funny that Pia Carrot already had a translation and that makes it easy, but so does Der Langrisser on the Super Famicom and Langrisser 2 on the Mega Drive. That should make it easy as well, right? But still no effort seems to have been spent on it.
the7k
Next-Gen

by the7k Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:39 am

Yeah, I feel ya on that, though honestly I'd rather fan translation energy be spent on some of the PC-FX exclusives. Those need translations more than anything.

Maybe sense Pia Carrot's translation was on PC, it was easier to dump the script? I dunno, I feel like I'm putting more thought into this than it deserves.
Redifer
128-bit

by Redifer Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:35 am

Game Sack - Games that Push Hardware Limits 2

Some more cool games where the developers did more than the norm to make their games stand out!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:34 am

As always, I like the stop motion bits. I also like the rolling focus on the game consoles. Good use of the camera lens.
Purkeynator
64-bit

by Purkeynator Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Another great episode. I especially enjoyed the discussion of progressive scan vs interlace. What was the name of the gameboy shooter? I couldn't quite make out the title screen as the font was kind of weird.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:34 pm

Purkeynator wrote:Another great episode. I especially enjoyed the discussion of progressive scan vs interlace. What was the name of the gameboy shooter? I couldn't quite make out the title screen as the font was kind of weird.

ZAS. It's in Racketboy's hidden gems list for Game Boy/ GBC iirc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:28 am

Congrats on the award fellas.
Return to Videos