The MetalJesus Video Thread

Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Re: The MetalJesus Video Thread

Post by Metal Jesus »

StuffWePlay wrote:Also, I can't believe you managed to find more blue disks! Thats beyond amazing!

When I got contacted by the owner of those 3 blue disks...it was a bit weird because he was so secretive... I think Nintendo has everybody afraid of this stuff...even though its 20 years ago!
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

How to Spot FAKE Nintendo Games - Buyer BEWARE!!

Kelsey owns two retro gaming stores in the Seattle area and deals with counterfeit, fake and reproduction Nintendo games all the time. In this video she gives you some of her best tips and tricks for determining if a Nintendo game cartridge is real...or FAKE! This video is a must watch for any serious game collector!

LINK: https://youtu.be/TqwDN-njSls

Other than Nintendo games, what other systems do you commonly see or hear about fakes?
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Just saw this video. Nice and informative.

Also, it looks like fake GBA carts now have the Nintendo logo in them too! That used to be a big fake giveaway. Not seeing the Nintendo on the green silicon immediately says fake.

Another thing that you can tell to make GBA games more legitimate is seeing some numbers and letters stamped onto the label itself. It's faint but quite noticable when the game is new. But a little harder to spot when the game is older and worn out with constant use.

The tip of taking your own tri wing screwdriver is a great one. I have one too and it looks like I'll have to follow her advice on that.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

FOUND: Nintendo Game Counselor Guide & 1989 Employee Manual

Straight out of the late 80s and early 90s, here is the official Nintendo Game Counselor Guide they would use to help people stuck in their NES and SNES games AND the official 1989 Nintendo Employee manual. This is a rare insight into the what it was like to work at Nintendo during the classic era! Did you ever call the Powerline? I did!

YouTube LINK: https://youtu.be/jGi0PWXGgv4
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I'm pretty impressed by this one, Metaljesus! Good score!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

TGN Top Ten Most Dedicated Gaming Fans, Metal Jesus your ranked #4. Did you know this.. Vids on YouTube.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

TEKTORO wrote:TGN Top Ten Most Dedicated Gaming Fans, Metal Jesus your ranked #4. Did you know this.. Vids on YouTube.

I don't think I've seen that....
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Here's the link sorry didn't do that earlier.

https://youtu.be/h1DdmZBGkNk
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I tried to make a thread but I guess the discussion is better off here haha

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50717

Those hand drawn maps are mindblowing.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Xeogred wrote:I tried to make a thread but I guess the discussion is better off here haha

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=50717

Those hand drawn maps are mindblowing.

I've asked for permission from the owner of the book to see if I can scan them all... We'll see...