GameDudeMat's Video Thread

Post game-related video clips here
gamedudemat
16-bit

Aladdin SEGA Genesis (Gameplay)

Post by gamedudemat »

A little sample of a pretty good movie-game adaptation, normally these suck but again this one is pretty darn good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_or79PNxQ
Attachments
Aladdin Thumbnail Racketboy post.jpg
Aladdin Thumbnail Racketboy post.jpg (223.01 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
gamedudemat
16-bit

XBOX HD Component demonstration. plus a lil softmod action!

Post by gamedudemat »

Yeah so this video comes as an apology for not showing the component cables in action in the first video... but here it is now so check it out! And as I said above there is also a little softmod demonstration as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxQ5Xc_Nwtk
Attachments
new component thumbnail racketboy post.jpg
new component thumbnail racketboy post.jpg (236.03 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: XBOX HD Component demonstration. plus a lil softmod acti

Post by CRTGAMER »

Your Thread Logo is huge in your various posts. Suggest posting pictures max of 725 wide for an easier read of the text.

The video looks very crisp on that huge HDTV attesting to how well the component cables improve the signal. I did not notice, but did you show anything in the video with the XBox settings at just 480i? This can be displayed even with Component cables and will show what a composite cable image would look like as far as the upscaling on the non CRT HDTV.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I ripped a copy of Yakuza Mission 2 for the oXbox which was Japan only release and is capable of 720p via component and holy crap does that game look incredible on an HDTV, the oXbox really was incredible for it's time, capable of outputting HD before most TV's could.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

You should try out Soul Calibur II (which displays in 720p) and Dragon's Lair 3D: Return to the Lair (which displays in 720p and 1080i). Both look fantastic (although one is a much better game than the other).

Notably, the Xbox version of Atari Anthology also displays at 720p and 1080i...but the graphics in those games are what they are...
gamedudemat
16-bit

Post by gamedudemat »

gamedudemat wrote:Yeah so this video comes as an apology for not showing the component cables in action in the first video... but here it is now so check it out! And as I said above there is also a little softmod demonstration as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxQ5Xc_Nwtk

Hmm I could have sworn that I played Castlevania Curse of Darkness at 720p... and sure, i'll bring the size down a bit for the thumbnails.
gamedudemat
16-bit

Post by gamedudemat »

ninjainspandex wrote:I ripped a copy of Yakuza Mission 2 for the oXbox which was Japan only release and is capable of 720p via component and holy crap does that game look incredible on an HDTV, the oXbox really was incredible for it's time, capable of outputting HD before most TV's could.

Yes, I can't wait to get a bigger hard drive installed so I can do a little game ripping myself,... I mean ehem.. I don't support piracy lol. And yeah the OG XBOX is quite impressive, I only put it 2nd to the Dreamcast (personal 6th gen favorite)
gamedudemat
16-bit

Post by gamedudemat »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:You should try out Soul Calibur II (which displays in 720p) and Dragon's Lair 3D: Return to the Lair (which displays in 720p and 1080i). Both look fantastic (although one is a much better game than the other).

Notably, the Xbox version of Atari Anthology also displays at 720p and 1080i...but the graphics in those games are what they are...

I gotta check Soul Calibur 2 out on the XBOX, I only played the GameCube version and thought Link was awesome in that. Gotta see how Medieval Spawn plays, wasn't aware their was a Dragon's Lair on the XBOX and Atari 2600 in 720p sounds either cool or hilarious!
gamedudemat
16-bit

Golden Axe gameplay (SEGA GENESIS)

Post by gamedudemat »

Taking a quick look at a SEGA Classic beatem up, Golden Axe! This game is pretty good but I still think I like Final Fight the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgiS7NvzLDo
Attachments
Golden Axe thumbnail racketboy post.png
Golden Axe thumbnail racketboy post.png (196.88 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

gamedudemat wrote:Atari 2600 in 720p sounds either cool or hilarious!

I must admit, it does look a lot sharper my 7800 running though an RF switch... :lol: