Documentary of Japanese Video Game Music

Post game-related video clips here
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Documentary of Japanese Video Game Music

Post by Key-Glyph »

If it hasn't been posted elsewhere, this series (which is being released in installments) has been really cool so far:

Diggin In The Carts: A Documentary Series About Japanese Video Game Music

Enjoy!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Re: Documentary of Japanese Video Game Music

Post by fvgazi »

Thank you so much! This series is awesome! I've always wanted to know more about the composers and get their take on sound design.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

fvgazi wrote:Thank you so much! This series is awesome! I've always wanted to know more about the composers and get their take on sound design.
fvgazi! What's up, dude?

I know -- isn't it so cool that we're getting to put faces and attitudes to the names? And hearing first-hand how certain composers were directly inspired by other composers? This stuff had the potential to be lost in history for all but the die-hards, so I'm really thankful for the up-front, accessible platform of an online documentary to help distribute it.

My favorite parts are when composers like Masashi Kageyama say that they're blown away that they have fans and are feeling motivated to make music again. Also Junko Ozawa's beloved waveform library. Not to mention those Japanese scenery segments!

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

Key-Glyph wrote:I know -- isn't it so cool that we're getting to put faces and attitudes to the names? And hearing first-hand how certain composers were directly inspired by other composers? This stuff had the potential to be lost in history for all but the die-hards, so I'm really thankful for the up-front, accessible platform of an online documentary to help distribute it.

My favorite parts are when composers like Masashi Kageyama say that they're blown away that they have fans and are feeling motivated to make music again. Also Junko Ozawa's beloved waveform library. Not to mention those Japanese scenery segments!

I've been back to lurking for a year now. I rarely have time anymore to read/post. However, I love it when stuff like this is posted.

It's so amazing to me that Hirokazu Tanaka love PIL and reggae. Now I know why I like his tunes so much!
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

This has been a pretty interesting listen thus far. Already linked this to a couple of others that I'm sure might get some enjoyment from it. Really like the parts where they have a sit down with the various composers and we can get in their heads.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?