It's the BogusMeatFactory Stream (UPDATE 5/15)

Post game-related video clips here
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: It's the BogusMeatFactory Stream (UPDATE 10/18)

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Fuck Death...seriously...fuck him.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: It's the BogusMeatFactory Stream (UPDATE 10/18)

Post by TSTR »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Fuck Death...seriously...fuck him.

loloolollolol that was so great, glad i tuned in
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: It's the BogusMeatFactory Stream (UPDATE 10/23)

added up some new dates for November with some new titles put in. I am gonna try and squeeze D in before the end of the month. Hopefully I can do it. (that sounds dirty!)

Also I was wondering if there is anyone out there who could make a Racketboy/Together Retro intro video thing for the stream. I would really like to use my stream to help promote the site with Together Retro and the upcoming SHMUP competition. I know it is last minute, but it can be used for future Together Retros.

Let me know if anyone is interested in helping out with that!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

D has a strict 2 hour time limit - so if you can set that time aside you can stream the full game, good ending or bad.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:D has a strict 2 hour time limit - so if you can set that time aside you can stream the full game, good ending or bad.

Yeah my streams usually are about 2 hours minimum so I should be good!

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

out of curiosity, which version?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:out of curiosity, which version?

The Sega Saturn version.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Very nice. That is the one I first played.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

What's your setup for streaming - how complicated and do you need like great internet connection?

I'd like to record myself but I doubt I have the technical pieces to do it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

mjmjr25 wrote:What's your setup for streaming - how complicated and do you need like great internet connection?

I'd like to record myself but I doubt I have the technical pieces to do it.

First off, it is incredibly easy to get started. A lot of people complain that it is complicated and there are issues, but I assure you that I have come across ZERO problems when streaming. Any problems, I have come across are from my own incompetence in my layout, which is super simple to fix. The software you want to use is OBS, it is free and insanely versatile. Plus it also adds video backups of your footage so you can archive your stuff easily.

As for technical pieces, the most important thing you need is a reliable internet. If you want to do 1080p, you should have an upload speed above 5mbps.

As for your computer, it all really depends on what you want to stream. If you are wanting to do a lot of high end PC stuff, you should have a pretty beefy computer. As for taking stuff directly from a gaming console, you will need a capture card to do so.

Those can be very pricey, especially for ones that can capture older systems. Me, I just stick to emulation at the moment, which works wonderfully.

My computer is 2 years old and was mid to high range in terms of horsepower and I can run a lot of modern games in high settings still and stream them smoothly.

The real kicker is what you want to do with your stream. If you want to interact with your audience a lot, a microphone is needed. I have a pretty decent setup in that department, but you don't need to get too fancy if you aren't very serious about it. Some people prefer a face-cam and others are strongly against it. It really depends on how you communicate as a person. I use a facecam, because a lot of times I take short breaks in the game and talk to the viewers and I talk with my hands a lot. It isn't for everyone though, especially if you just want to show off a game.

With a microphone, make sure you have headphones on to keep the echo effect of the game audio being picked up on the mic. If you are using a facecam, turn on all the lights. You can never go wrong with a ton of lights on as it makes the image a bit more clear and not so washed out.

Sorry if the post is a bit all over the place, infant teething=no sleep. Let me know if you need any clarification.