PSP UMD Movies - Who Collects These?!

Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

PSP UMD Movies - Who Collects These?!

Post by Metal Jesus »

http://youtu.be/2J7wynWCHAw <--YouTube

Sony tried their best to sell movies on the PSP and the UMD format, but it never took off. I take a look at the pros & cons of the format and try to figure out who the heck would want to collect these?!

Do you have any UMD movies?
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: PSP UMD Movies - Who Collects These?!

Post by Fragems »

I had around ten of them. Currently in the process of getting rid of them though. Only one I'm keeping is Stealth since it includes a wipeout pure demo.
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

Haha, I honestly forgot that movies were put out on UMD. I haven't come across one in a long time so I just forgot. I personally don't see the point in getting movies for the PSP. Perhaps some of the obscure anime(s) that MAYBE were only released to UMD for some reason (If anyone knows of any, let me know please!).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Sano wrote:Haha, I honestly forgot that movies were put out on UMD. I haven't come across one in a long time so I just forgot. I personally don't see the point in getting movies for the PSP. Perhaps some of the obscure anime(s) that MAYBE were only released to UMD for some reason (If anyone knows of any, let me know please!).

I have the 2 Darkstalkers anime UMD's. These were released on VHS/DVD as well, but seem to go for a pretty penny. Funny thing is I don't even have a PSP anymore. :lol:
Ack

Post by Ack »

noiseredux wrote:
Sano wrote:Haha, I honestly forgot that movies were put out on UMD. I haven't come across one in a long time so I just forgot. I personally don't see the point in getting movies for the PSP. Perhaps some of the obscure anime(s) that MAYBE were only released to UMD for some reason (If anyone knows of any, let me know please!).

I have the 2 Darkstalkers anime UMD's. These were released on VHS/DVD as well, but seem to go for a pretty penny. Funny thing is I don't even have a PSP anymore. :lol:

I have never owned a PSP, yet I have the Silent Hill Experience UMD. Gamestop gave it to me when I bought the PS2 port of Silent Hill 0rigins.
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

UMDs are like a super-cheap version of the MiniDisc. They lost the cool protective shutter and they just feel like a half-assed design in comparison. Sony tries introducing new formats all of the time. I really don't understand this fetish of theirs. They could have done great things with the MiniDisc. Remember Zip drives? MiniDiscs held MORE data, were smaller, were infinitely more reliable, could be recorded on and were much faster. Sony totally dropped the ball there. They could have also redesigned the platter with smaller pits to hold well over 1 GB by the time the PSP came out. It would have been a great videogame format and they would have had to invest less in R&D to make it. Part of the disc could have been recordable for game saves, etc. Screw the Memory Stick which is another Sony format that went nowhere. Now the Vita uses proprietary memory cards as well so they've already given up on the Memory Stick. And their SXRD digital projectors for theatrical use suck ass.

Sony is truly run by morons. If it weren't for Playstation stuff I think they would have gone away long ago.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Redifer wrote:Now the Vita uses proprietary memory cards as well so they've already given up on the Memory Stick.

I can't tell you how many times I've held a Vita in my hand going "It might be cool to buy one of these..." and then I am reminded about that $100 32GIG memory stick I will also need...and I quietly put it down and walk away.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Metal Jesus wrote:
Redifer wrote:Now the Vita uses proprietary memory cards as well so they've already given up on the Memory Stick.

I can't tell you how many times I've held a Vita in my hand going "It might be cool to buy one of these..." and then I am reminded about that $100 32GIG memory stick I will also need...and I quietly put it down and walk away.

Just look for deals. I paid $60 for my 32 gig off craigslist.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Is there a copy of cowboy bebop in the picture?
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

I did have several UMD movies, but I got them through clearance - I did not see the justification for paying the same price as a DVD copy with no extras (some didn't have subtitles or native language).

In the end, I sold them all!