Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Recent Game Pickups - 40+ Games! (MetalJesusRocks)

by Metal Jesus Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 pm

http://youtu.be/RxHjm37WgxQ

Games I've added to my collection over the last couple months. Many great old PC & Windows games as well as Xbox, PS2, Neo Geo Pocket Color, PSP, Amiga, C64 and much more!

Anybody else collect Big Box PC Games?
Sano
Next-Gen

Re: Recent Game Pickups - 40+ Games! (MetalJesusRocks)

by Sano Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:11 pm

As always, great video man. Informative and entertaining. Its fun to see what you've added to your collection.

I did have that FFVII PC version with that odd box. I can't remember when I or why I let it go, but I should of held on to it now that I look back.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

by Metal Jesus Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Sano wrote:I did have that FFVII PC version with that odd box. I can't remember when I or why I let it go, but I should of held on to it now that I look back.

If we only knew then, what we know now! It can be so frustrating as a collector...but also really rewarding when you add a long lost game back into the collection.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Very very nice finds! I thought I was bad driving 200 miles for games and here you are flying 2000 miles to get some rarities! You sir are more nuts in a good way. You also just made me envious of so many more games to hunt for, my wallet hates you! :)

So weird that I clicked on your video the exact same day having placed an order thru Amazon for Wii Trackmania. As a huge fan of Stunts on DOS PC and the Arcade Hard Driving, I had to get this. Plus just spotting the review just this morning on Video Game Critic, this rare game a must own. The Wiimote seems a good intuitive controller to tack on all the ramps and "Hot Wheels" loops in the custom "Tony Hawk" track editor. What really caught my eye on the back cover is the Classic Controller Option. Already hoping to try various PSX driving controllers with a Mayflash adapter.

I remember being obsessed with Space Harrier when the motion chair came out in the Arcades. At the time the C64 was my main gaming "console" and really disappointed in the C64 version even when the pixels are reduced to a SX64 two inch screen. The screenshots on that box I think are from the Arcade version. It was not until Mame that I could get the Arcade quality graphic level sans the seat again. Still great for you to get that early piece of history in new condition.

That Bio Shock 2 Special Edition with that bonus LP is so cool, did not know that. I regret not snagging one of the renditions, congrats! Maybe one day I'll come across the PC version on the cheap, so tempted to pester Gamestop to ship this game out if it were not for such a huge box. Maybe as you mentioned, might find one buried within the pile of PC games at the Thrift Store.

Wow! Grim Fandango complete a really find, great score! I snagged that too a while back and found some great info to make it run in Windows 7, fully installed and tweaked custom gamepad options thru a keyboard emulator.

Grim Fandango Info: viewtopic.php?p=774265#p774265

Oh man, that Ultima II game for the C64. The back screenshots remind me of the Sword of Fargoal game. A loss form of gameplay, I hated the slow rogue moves, but hooked to just one more dungeon crawl to light up the screen and find that key!

@ Metal Jesus - I am curious since you love Heavy Metal and not sure if I asked you this before. Have you ever played the game Inferno for the DOS PC? Has music by Alien Sex Fiend and gameplay is along the lines of the Wing Commander games you posted. There is an obscure soundtrack, but the CD tracks on the game CD also can play in a regular CD player. Look up the song "Human Installation", think you might like it. I recorded that entire soundtrack into my Xbox harddrive for the games that offer an alternate music option.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Metal Jesus
128-bit

by Metal Jesus Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:29 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:@ Metal Jesus - I am curious since you love Heavy Metal and not sure if I asked you this before. Have you ever played the game Inferno for the DOS PC?

That box art looks familiar...but I don't think I've played it. Unfortunately Ocean games were a bit high & miss, so I probably skipped it because of the publisher. However, looking at the screenshots, it seems like a quality game! I'll have to be on the lookout for it. Thanks!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Wii Trackmania came in and loving it, thanks for the heads up!

@ - Metal Jesus - Since this game can also use a Classic Controller, I confirmed with a Mayflash Wii to PS2 adapter that driving controllers work! The throttle is a different button, but the analog precise controls of the wheel works great. Oooh yeah, getting my Hard Driving / Stunts fix.

Now to unlock all the tracks, got a taste of the first Hot Wheels Loop. :mrgreen:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Videos