Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

More Dreamcast Hidden Gems

by Metal Jesus Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:32 pm

http://youtu.be/gr-8T4TVnGk <--YouTube

John Hancock shows some more of his favorite Dreamcast games that very few collectors know about.

The visual differences in Bleem! are really quite striking... Hopefully that came across in the video well...
Sano
Next-Gen

Re: More Dreamcast Hidden Gems

by Sano Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Good video as always man. :mrgreen: :!:
Metal Jesus
128-bit

by Metal Jesus Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Sano wrote:Good video as always man. :mrgreen: :!:

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)
Metal Jesus
128-bit

by Metal Jesus Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:01 pm

For those making a Christmas Wish List, here are the games we cover in the video:

Outtrigger
Alienfront Online
Seaman
Zombie Revenge
Gunbird 2
Super Magnetic Neo
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
Starlancer

Bleem!
8bit
Next-Gen

by 8bit Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:21 pm

As always great video MetalJesus! Keep up the great work!
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:08 pm

Dammit Metal Jesus thanks for reminding me I still need to buy Seaman and I'm broke as hell. Great video though, when will we see part 3? I feel like the dreamcast library is 99% hidden gems
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Another great video, always entertaining to watch!

I really like Alien Front, any Dreamcast owner should really get this exclusive. Forget the "online microphone", check out the unique sideways driving trigger controls. Even though only a few areas of Jungle, Snow, Washington, Japan and Alien World; the tank is a real kick circling an enemy working the triggers and the analog stick. I don't know why more "Frag" console games did not take advantage of this method of control. Also love "driving" as the Alien Walker, the mechanical robot effect slamming each movement step is very well done especially from the internal view. :D

Thanks for reminding me of that Magnetic Neo game, a nice exclusive I need to break out again. :)

Love Bleem with the dedicated PS1 Metal Gear Solid conversion disc. Though not as high res as the PC Metal Gear Microsoft sponsored game, a very nice way to play it on the big screen. I have all three Bleems as well as the official PC Bleem (Frys sold all of these locally years ago) and unofficial Dreamcast multi game releases. A mixed bag for the additional PS1 game upscale, some work well while others are choppy. A shame the official Bleempod controller was never released to accommodate the additional buttons needed to work specifically with Bleem. Medievil comes to mind, the missing Select button.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Metal Jesus
128-bit

by Metal Jesus Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:21 pm

ninjainspandex wrote: Great video though, when will we see part 3?

I'm editing Part 3...so we'll see it in a couple weeks...
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:25 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:Dammit Metal Jesus thanks for reminding me I still need to buy Seaman and I'm broke as hell. Great video though, when will we see part 3? I feel like the dreamcast library is 99% hidden gems

funny, after watching this video I was reminded that I should probably sell Seaman since I'll never actually spend a month "playing" it. :lol:

I really find the idea of Seaman interesting, but it doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy spending real time on.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:57 pm

noiseredux wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:Dammit Metal Jesus thanks for reminding me I still need to buy Seaman and I'm broke as hell. Great video though, when will we see part 3? I feel like the dreamcast library is 99% hidden gems

funny, after watching this video I was reminded that I should probably sell Seaman since I'll never actually spend a month "playing" it. :lol:

I really find the idea of Seaman interesting, but it doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy spending real time on.

Care to sell it to me AFTER the holidays? :lol:
Return to Videos