More Super Nintendo - Hidden Gems

Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

More Super Nintendo - Hidden Gems

Post by Metal Jesus »

http://youtu.be/d9hfp15qOCs <--YouTube

More Hidden Gems for Super Nintendo! Mega game collector John Hancock shows some of the awesome games he recommends for SNES fans to play and add to their collection.

GAMES SHOWN:
Ninja Warriors
Pirates of Dark Water
Doom Troopers
Uniracers
Pac-Attack
Pocky & Rocky 2
Musya
Super Turrican 2

Bomberman Party Pack
Lethal Enforcers

Curious: How many SNES games do you have in your collection? My collection is at 60 games cuz... well, I started late :)
Ack

Re: More Super Nintendo - Hidden Gems

Post by Ack »

Currently at 233, not including imports or repros. I've picked up 33 titles this year so far, though hopefully #234 is in the mail. Since the average prices have gone up, and shipping fees increase the cost of titles I purchase, I try not to go nuts. But I have a lot left to go.

And the last 3 I picked up? A.S.P.: Air Strike Patrol, Secret of the Stars, and The Great Waldo Search.
d123456
Next-Gen

Post by d123456 »

Ninja Warriors did come out on the Sega CD, but this SNES game is kind of like a sequel, more like Ninja Warriors 2.
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Haven't watched the episode yet, but weren't these gems supposed to be SNES exclusives? Pirates of Dark Water is on the Genesis.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

pierrot wrote:Haven't watched the episode yet, but weren't these gems supposed to be SNES exclusives? Pirates of Dark Water is on the Genesis.

I never said exclusives.... because not everybody has every console. They just need to be fun and relatively hidden (or not 1st party) on SNES.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Metal Jesus wrote:I never said exclusives.... because not everybody has every console. They just need to be fun and relatively hidden (or not 1st party) on SNES.

All right. I could have sworn one of the caveats in the first video was that they were exclusives, but I guess I was mistaken.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Metal Jesus wrote:
pierrot wrote:Haven't watched the episode yet, but weren't these gems supposed to be SNES exclusives? Pirates of Dark Water is on the Genesis.

I never said exclusives.... because not everybody has every console. They just need to be fun and relatively hidden (or not 1st party) on SNES.

It should also be noted that the two different Dark Water games are also different genres. The SNES game is a hack and slash like Golden Axe, while the Genesis game is a platformer with RPG elements.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

d123456 wrote:Ninja Warriors did come out on the Sega CD, but this SNES game is kind of like a sequel, more like Ninja Warriors 2.

It also came out on PCE.

Secret of Mana supports 3 players with the tap. The Capcom Fighter Power Stick is a wonderful little known item for the NES and SNES.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Hobie-wan wrote:The Capcom Fighter Power Stick is a wonderful little known item...

You are going to enjoy Part 3 my friend :)
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Metal Jesus wrote:You are going to enjoy Part 3 my friend :)

I lucked into a boxed one when I went looking a few years ago. Other people need to know about it though. :)