Re: Games that Need Sequels

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Game Arts is the Lunar developer.

Anyway, who needs Lunar 3 when you have Lunar Silver Star Story Touch. :roll:
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:49 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Game Arts is the Lunar developer.

Anyway, who needs Lunar 3 when you have Lunar Silver Star Story Touch. :roll:

True, I shout out XSeed hoping they can bring it over. Was Lunar 3 even started, I think I read some where it was pending coming to PS2 (of course never happening)but Vita would be a perfect platform.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:59 pm

There was apparently a Return Fire 2 that only came out on PC. Dave might want to check Mass Destruction for PS1/Saturn.
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:34 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 preferably on the 3DS as that seems to be the best choice for JRPGS and I feel that the 3D would work well for it and it would be most likely to actually get a physical release. Hell just port Panzer Dragoon Saga in HD to the 3DS. or at least another Panzer Dragoon rail shooter. Come on SEGA it's like you are actually trying to run your company into the ground by ignoring all these forgotten games.

I've never really understood the desire for sequels from companies that don't even house the original development teams anymore. In almost every case I can think of, development in a series that's moved away from the original team, makes for games that founder in comparison to the original entries.

I'm not a big fan of sequels for the sake of sequels, to begin with, though. I don't really see a need for sequels, outside of series with continuous storylines, that aren't fully realized in their current state (ie Genso Suikoden or Shenmue) and if the original development teams aren't going to be responsible for the sequels, the issue is moot, to me.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:16 am

I wouldn't mind another Nightmare Creatures game. Never played part 2 but I was super impressed with part 1 at the time (even one of my favorite ps1 games).
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
CavZee
Next-Gen

by CavZee Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:46 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Mother 4
Lunar 3
Phantasy Star V
Final Fantasy VI-2
Skies of Arcadia II
Dragon Slayer IX

I like this list. Except for a FFVI-2 because I don't really trust present day Square Enix with it.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Phantasy Star (non-online), like Shining Force, definitely needs a comeback. I just don't think Sega has it in them to make a JRPG like that themselves these days. Maybe if they farmed out the licenses out to someone.

I'm imagining a KOTOR-ish Phantasy Star game in my head and I kind of like it.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Shining Force is at a standstill, though Sega is still churning out Shining games.

Most of them aren't being localized though... Of course.

But yeah, Shining Force IV would be sweet.

On a similar note, we need another Ogre Battle game too. Nothing since The Knight of Lodis (2001)...

I don't think we've had a Langrisser game since 2001 either (actually has any Langrisser been localized besides the first one?!)... Point is, we need something to challenge Fire Emblem!
Xboxsegafan187
16-bit

by Xboxsegafan187 Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:22 am

Yes sir a Star Control sequel is in order here too long has it been since SC3. And yeah I understand omitting Shenmue 3 that game has been mentioned so many times that mentioning it again would be overkill. Some games that need sequels off the top of my head IMO are Crimson Skies, Mr Bones, Axelay, Mutant League Sports Series, General Chaos etc. Otherwise nice vid.
Return to Videos