Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Game Pickups - 30+ Games & Music Vinyl

by Metal Jesus Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:15 pm

http://youtu.be/ETY79zO1wmY <---YouTube Video

I show you the 30+ games I have added to my collection recently with the helps of some fans of my channel. Systems include PS1, PS2, PS3, SMS, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, rare PC games, NES repro carts & more!

Does anybody else like collecting old big box PC games from the 80s & 90s?
Ghegs
64-bit

Re: Game Pickups - 30+ Games & Music Vinyl

by Ghegs Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Oh man, ChoroQ! I'm not sure if it was the same one you have, but there was this ChoroQ open world game that I got ridiculously addicted to. You could drive around the world seamlessly without any loading times, finding cool stuff, hidden items, even build your own city. Very awesome, fond memories of that one.

For your Star Wars treatise, I gotta throw a shout-out for the Famicom-only Star Wars, released by Namco. The few people who know of it just remember the "WTF Vader turns into a scorpion"-bit, but it's quite a fun game in its own right that doesn't adhere to its source material too tightly. But in other ways it's better than the NES Star Wars game, which more people are familiar with.
My videos

Rolling Start!! - Arcade Racing Game Forum
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:01 pm

I have a few big box games still that I thankfully didn't dump. I need to add them to my collection thread actually.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

by Metal Jesus Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:I have a few big box games still that I thankfully didn't dump. I need to add them to my collection thread actually.

Big boxed PC games are going to only go up in value. You're already seeing this in stores like Half Priced Books. Games that used to be $5 or less, are now sitting on their shelves at $20~$30 bucks...
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Metal Jesus wrote:Big boxed PC games are going to only go up in value. You're already seeing this in stores like Half Priced Books. Games that used to be $5 or less, are now sitting on their shelves at $20~$30 bucks...

Yeah, I snagged a big box Doom II at HPB last year, but I've seen other games being pricey recently.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

by Metal Jesus Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Ghegs wrote:For your Star Wars treatise, I gotta throw a shout-out for the Famicom-only Star Wars, released by Namco

I've heard of that version before...So weird!

You really could do an entire video on the really bizarre Star Wars games too. You'd have to include the Jabba Math game in that... as well as the Yoda Desktop Adventures. Also JarJar's Journey Adventure Book.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

by Cronozilla Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Metal Jesus wrote:Does anybody else like collecting old big box PC games from the 80s & 90s?

Absolutely. I haven't had many opportunities past the ones I already own, though.
Return to Videos