More Wii Hidden Gems

Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

More Wii Hidden Gems

Post by Metal Jesus »

http://youtu.be/Hl968nZTcYM <-- YouTube Link

:The Nintendo Wii may have seen its share of crappy shovelware games, but buried beneath all that are some truly fun Hidden Gems for game collectors. If you are looking for some new Wii games, here are some I recommend!

Games Mentioned:
de Blob
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Cursed Mountain
Disney Guilty Party
Overlord: Dark Legend
Speed Racer
No More Heroes 1 & 2

Question: What piece of Wii hardware or accessory do you think will be rare or valuable in the future?
Oms

Re: More Wii Hidden Gems

Post by Oms »

The Club Nintendo gold nun chuck!
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

The XSeed fishing rod!

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

That gold nunchuck is already valuable!

Common peripherals? The internet dongle they released and the Energizer (officially licensed by Nintendo) induction charger sets, there's a x2 and x4 one. The x4 one is entirely gone. The x2 one is like $30.

I also think ... boxed versions of the zapper will be somewhat valuable ... not because of the incredibly awkward shell, but because it has a new copy of Link's Crossbow Training inside.

The red controllers. All of them. The Wii remote plus, nunchuck, and classic controller pro that are red. The remote and nunchuck were part of the 25th Mario Anniversary, and the CCP was only available in Europe (I think) as part of the Xenoblade special edition. Maybe there's some Japanese color releases I don't know about, but those all seem to be getting up there already.

That's about all from officially Nintendo sanctioned stuff.
Ghegs
64-bit

Post by Ghegs »

Good video as usual. I've been occasionally tempted to pick up Speed Racer, I have an odd fascination with the console's racing games and have quite a few of them. Can you use the classic controller with it?
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Ghegs wrote:Good video as usual. I've been occasionally tempted to pick up Speed Racer, I have an odd fascination with the console's racing games and have quite a few of them. Can you use the classic controller with it?

I don't think it supports the classic controller unfortunately...
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

Have you ever tried putting Xbox or Xbox360 boxes on the table that you are putting the Wii boxes on when you switch to a different game? The effect might be amusing. The box would either disappear or turn brown. :)
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Redifer wrote:Have you ever tried putting Xbox or Xbox360 boxes on the table that you are putting the Wii boxes on when you switch to a different game? The effect might be amusing. The box would either disappear or turn brown. :)

I should start putting little hidden things to find in the background...just to see if people are paying attention.

Maybe like student ID cards, where I have my Flock of Seagulls haircut and parachute pants.
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

I love random stuff like that! People will start combing over your videos looking for random hidden things.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Metal Jesus wrote:Question: What piece of Wii hardware or accessory do you think will be rare or valuable in the future?

Another entertaining and informative video! Added both your Video Links to my Wii Thread.

Sin & Punishment is a great choice. I have seen this go all the way down to five bucks and up again a couple of times when it sold brand new. Tried it out with an Arcade Twinstick with a Mayflash Adapter for a different way to play. The Wiimote works better for an instant aim which really helps in a Rail Shooter.

Agree with your choice of hardware as being rare and valuable in the future. (Left out description to keep your surprise in the video) Its probably the least desirable due to less features, but because of its uniqueness and compactness, a collectable decades later.

Cronozilla wrote:induction charger sets, there's a x2 and x4 one. The x4 one is entirely gone. The x2 one is like $30.

I have the 2 Battery Rocketfish Induction Charger reviewed back in my Wii Thread. Interesting history in who first proposed wireless electricity. Kinda cool how it changes colors and charges the Wiimote batteries without any actual plug, the battery can even stay inside the Wiimote. In honesty, I hate it since the batteries don't hold near a runtime as regular batteries.

If I was to pick a rare piece of hardware, it would have to be a Wiimote with an Autofire option built in. I would like this option to try on House Of The Dead. Code Junkies made one but it has a proprietary rechargeable battery. With all the 3rd parties out there, I have yet to find an Auto Fire Wiimote that takes regular batteries. Autofire has been a common draw for the 3rd party controller over the decades on almost every console, don't know why this was neglected for the Wii.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425