The 9 Types of Gamer

Post game-related video clips here
Jordan
8-bit

The 9 Types of Gamer

Post by Jordan »

A funny little video I made, what type of gamer are you?

(I'm guessing most of you are the Super Retro Gamer! I am hehe :P )

Subscribe, like and share!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_eevJfbz8
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Re: The 9 Types of Gamer

Post by Menegrothx »

My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

I like Densha de Go!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Video was good for a chuckle. Particularly liked the dance scene. :lol:

I'm a gamer gamer and always will be. If it's fun, I'll play it. Doesn't matter when it was made or what it was made for.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

The super retro gamer in the video immediately made me think of Keith Apicary

He forgot a few:

1. The achievement whore - The guy playing some shitty game just because it's an easy 1000 gamer score. Probably is part of some 100% club on some forum.
2. The real hardcore gamer - The crotchedy old gamer that complains about modern games being too easy and wishes everything was as hard as Super Ghouls n Ghosts and Battletoads like the "old days."
3. Weeaboo Gamer - Buys every obscure Japanese rpg that actually makes it to the states, has hundreds of import games, and worships at the alter of Atlus. Probably has spent time in Japan and has wall scrolls instead of posters in his room.
4. Nintendo gamer - Only plays Nintendo games and thinks it is the greatest company that ever existed. They're the ones always defending Nintendo for having nothing worth playing on their consoles beyond first party titles.
5. Indie gamer - JT :lol:
6. Shmup fans - Honestly, some of them don't seem to play anything else and have developed super human reflexes. The words bullet hell do not instill fear in their hearts and they can play a two player game of Ikaruga all by themself. Nerves of steel
7. Hardcore Fighter fans - The guys losing their shit over seeing Daigo win a Street Fighter match with a sliver of health. They can explain in detail every difference between all fifty thousand versions of Street Fighter
8. Youtube stars - They spend all their free time doing Let's Plays and unboxing videos.
9. Madden fans - They're not gamers, they just like Madden games. Sports gamers in general, like the Fifa players and the guys who actually still buy wrestling games
10. Girl gamers who are trying too hard - They only play shooters and brag about all the guy gamers they can beat. God forbid they play anything that isn't violent for fear of adhering to some imagined girl gamer stereotypes.
11. High score chasers - It's all about leaderboards and breaking records. See The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. These guys are probably more old school than any of us. They remember when this is all gaming was about. You could probably lump a lot of schmup fans in this category too.
12. Dudebro Gamers - They play Call of Duty and Halo all day. They know not of the existence of any other video games. May associate with above mentioned sports gamers
13. MMORGP Players - They play World of Warcraft and have perverted fantasies about Felicia Day. WOW consumes their life. See The Guild
14. Your parents and grandparents - They think the Wii is the greatest thing ever created. They probably have a DS too and love Tetris
15. Gaming scholars - Guys like you and me who probaby spend more time posting about games and reading about games than actually playing them
16. Weak sauce gamers - Also known as professional game reviewers. See "Game Reviewers shall be Pleased" achievement in Dishwasher: Vampire Smiles, awarded for unlocking Pretty Princess difficulty
17. Collectors - Haven't played a game in years. They're too busy buying VGA sealed games and making youtube videos about them

Nothing I just posted should be taken seriously. It's getting late and I'm bored. Did I miss any in my list?
Last edited by Gamerforlife on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Gamerforlife wrote:Nothing I just posted should be taken seriously. It's getting late and I'm bored. Did I miss any in my list?

Grand strategy, roguelike&simulator gamers (real real hardcore gamers)
RTS gamers
->MOBA gamers
FPS gamers
Competitive Arena players (a subgenre of WoW players)
eSports gamers (RTS/MOBA, FPS, Hardcore fighter fans&competitive arena players)
Modders
->Hardware modders
Homebrewers
SNK/Neo Geo Fans
Casual gamers|gamers|Retro gamers|Dedicated gamers

There's some that I can think of
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
3DSStrider
64-bit

Post by 3DSStrider »

Pirate Gamer- Never pays for their games. If they play any retro games, they're always on emulators.
"Retro Gamer"- Gets a few NES games on Virtual Console and then thinks they're so cool because they play old games. They most retro thing they own is probably a Nintendo 64. Mostly plays Nintendo consoles, maybe a few Genesis games.
Insert clever quote here.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/3DSStrider
Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNEFO ... qkaLOHc2nQ
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

"Neo Geo Forum Member" - 45 year old dudes who see no problem with dropping $800 on 15-year-old fighting games that are all virtually identical to each other.
Retrozoa
64-bit

Post by Retrozoa »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:"Neo Geo Forum Member" - 45 year old dudes who see no problem with dropping $800 on 15-year-old fighting games that are all virtually identical to each other.

Oh god, only too true on that site. I stopped going there the second I got enough components to build my MVS. Also, one of the forum members being convicted of murder didn't help.
Current systems: Atari 2600[x2], NES(top loader), SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, PS2 slim, xbox, xbox 360, Turbografx-16, Game Boy Pocket, Game boy SP[x2], Nintendo DS[x2], Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 3DS, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan Color, Neo Geo MVS.
Jordan
8-bit

Post by Jordan »

Haha yeah I guess I did miss a few - but If I did every literal type the video would be hours long!

Still, really glad you guys enjoyed it!!