Game Sack

Post game-related video clips here
Redifer
128-bit

Game Sack

Post by Redifer »

Like nearly half of the gaming populace, I make videos about videogames. I will post them here. The show is called Game Sack.

Latest episode:

Arcade vs Consoles: Fantasy Zone and Earth Defense Force

In this episode we look at two different arcade shooters and compare them to their home console versions.

If you like it (which, of course, I hope you do), then you can probably figure out how to see the other videos so I won't bother posting direct links to them or to the Youtube channel. But if you really need a direct link to the channel, I think I put it in my profile somewhere.

Here is a recent episode which I feel gives a good overall feel of the show:
Road Rash (16-Bit and up) + Game Force Boulder
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Game Sack

Post by CFFJR »

I checked out the Road Rash video. Fun retrospective on the series. I love Road Rash, and I agree that Criterion would be a great company to resurrect the series. Though I have painful memories of the 3d games...

Also, I fucking love Game Force Boulder. Awesome store. Its cool that they let you film the store for your show. :D
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Just watched the arcade comparison show, it was quite good. I didn't think much of the annoying noises when you put cartridges in the console though.

I did however like how you compared all 6 versions of fantasy zone on one screen at the end, that was good.

Personally, having played thr arcade, master system and turbografx versions of the game, I like the master system version best. I think the screen is a bit slow to scroll on the other two.

Worth mentioning that arcade fantasy zone is an unlockable game on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for XBox 360 and PS3 aswell.
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

Thanks for the comments.

CFFJR, yeah Game Force Boulder rocks. Much better than the other Game Forces (they are all independently owned). If you look closely at the owner behind the counter in the video, he is wearing a Game Sack shirt. I didn't ask him to do this, he did it on his own. I'm surprised that he approved of the song I wrote which goes over that segment, but he loved it.

alienjesus, the SMS version does indeed play smoothly, but it is also the easiest version (by far) of Fantasy Zone out there. I wouldn't necessarily say that's a bad thing, but with a rapid fire unit that game just crumbles before me in defeat. I love your screen name, by the way. :)
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

That's cool about the owner. Clearly he's a fan eh? :D

For what its worth, I've had great experience at Game Force Longmont too. Obviously its a much smaller store, but the owner is a very cool, friendly guy. Last year he sold me a like new Model 1 Sega CD for 10 bucks. :wink:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

That's awesome, I love stores like that. There is a Game Force in Aurora (if it is still called Game Force) which has a lot of retro stuff but seems to be more concerned about DVDs now and their prices are kind of high.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

liking the vids!

I'm subscribing to you!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Auron_Amarth
16-bit

Post by Auron_Amarth »

flojocabron wrote:liking the vids!

I'm subscribing to you!

Same here, good stuff. I like the random game comparison vids :D You guys should have more than 300 subs I think, especially since some people have nothing but unboxing videos and have thousands of subs :?
Redifer
128-bit

Post by Redifer »

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I never understood how unboxing (or worse, unpackaging random used goods received in the mail) get so popular. Makes me almost want to make fun of it in an episode.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

What's even weirder to me than unpacking videos (which are odd enough on their own) are the people who make videos about their shopping trips, even for stuff as typical as groceries. Why do people watch this stuff?