Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

GameCube Hidden Gems

by Metal Jesus Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:46 am

http://youtu.be/1Wj7qiaIcwE

The Nintendo Gamecube may have struggled against the Playstation 2 and original Xbox for gamer's hearts & wallets, but this little console eventually produced a bunch of classic titles, as well as some great Hidden Gems. Here is Part 1 for Gamecube collectors looking to find more Hidden Gems for their library!

What games would you like to see in Parts 2 and 3?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: GameCube Hidden Gems

by CRTGAMER Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:11 am

Another well done and very informative Video!

Billy Hatcher is a great choice, I almost passed up on the game myself. It even has GBA link capability to dump mini games into the GBA. I noticed you reviewed GC Puyo Fever, one of the Hatcher GBA download games is Puyo Pop. I never heard of the two Kingdom games, the Gamecube is full of surprises. I really need to pick up Kirby Air Ride, I passed up on it before thinking it was just a Mario Kart style of game. Didn't know about the Tank in Starfox Assault since my space shooting was concentrated on the GC Star Wars series. Thanks for the insight, I'm looking forward to popping that disc back in tonight.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Flake

by Flake Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Fantastic production values. Really makes your show standout.

I'd recommend a few games: Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee, Beach Spikers, Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, Custom Robo, F-Zero GX, FF Crystal Chronicles, Phantasy Star Online Ep. 3, and Wave Race Blue Storm were all great GCN exclusives that never get much love.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
muhanad
64-bit

by muhanad Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Great video! Great games and excellent production! Cant wait for part 2!
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Great video.

While with videos like this so many people will tell you "thats not hidden", etc. But I love that you just chug on. Even if I have played most of them, I just love hearing you talk about them.

Also I enjoyed Starfox Assault quit a lot, nice inclusion.

EDIT: Also make sure you check out RB's guide to hidden gems on the GC if you have not yet.

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/best-undiscovered-nintendo-gamecube-games
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:15 am

You mentioned Chaos Field. This shmup fan approves. I have it and it's great. Ikaruga is another GC shmup to check out.

Also check out Alien Hominid, Killer 7, Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2, F-Zero GX.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

by Cronozilla Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Great video, Metal Jesus. I'm really liking these. I'm also really glad you included Jungle Beat and Billy Hatcher!

The reality (sad part) is that, almost all the games on GameCube besides 7 or so "big ones" are "hidden" at this point.

My suggestions:

Custom Robo
Battalion Wars (it got a sequel, but people seem to have played neither)
Wario World
Super Mario Strikers
Geist (it's interesting)
Zelda Four Swords Adventures (Everyone didn't play it due to multiplayer requiring at least 1 GBA and link cable)
Odama (voice command imperial japanese pinball)
Baten Kaitos
Chibi Robo
Gotcha Force (Kind of stupid expensive)

Games that aren't exclusive, that I still think should be covered:

Killer 7
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (The first one)
Dark Summit
I-Ninja
Boyward
16-bit

by Boyward Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Metal Jesus, I've enjoyed all your videos. Love your style. This Gamecube episode was no exception. 8)

Since you've already reviewed DK: Jungle Beat with your bongos, why not also cover Donkey Konga?

Gladius is an interesting LucasArts game that has you building a gladiator team and battling other teams. It's a Strategy RPG. It's not a Gamecube exclusive but then again neither was Teen Titans.

I would love to see/hear your reaction to Odama, the insanely weird medieval Japanese pinball game that has already been mentioned. Be sure to get a microphone so you can use the voice commands.

FYI, there are two Baten Kaitos games. I think the second one is better.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Metal Jesus wrote:What Gamecube games would you like to see in Parts 2 and 3?

Your videos are a great reference and enjoyable to watch! As in the Wii Hidden Gems, I linked the OP and Video of your Gamecube Gems to my Wii Gamecube Guide.

For an easier search when one is looking for a particular title, maybe list out all the games in your OP? The YouTube video clips might get even more search hits if the game titles are listed in the description there too. :idea:

Dragons Lair 3D
The PS2 version was not released in the US, but the Gamecube version is not an exclusive since it also came out on the Xbox. A good game that allows more interactive control, yet keeps some of the frame index moves compared to the Laser Disc Arcade game. If you do another Wii Hidden Gems there is also the Arcade Perfect Don Bluth compilation on it as well.

P.N.03
I swear I have seen some Gamecube reviews in your other videos, I think this was one of them. Kind of redundant in the shooting but unique and only on the Gamecube. Hey, at least I did not recommend Space Raiders. :lol:

Cubivore and Doshin the Giant
Already mentioned to you via PM, I think many know how I like these two games due to the weirdness. Just in case you ever come across these games, both are worth mentioning. I think partly why I like PAL Doshin was the challenge to get the right boot program to play it on NTSC.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CavZee
Next-Gen

by CavZee Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 am

I'll check this out when I get home!
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
Return to Videos