Post game-related video clips here
Ziggy587

My Life In Gaming - ANALOG FRONTIERS

by Ziggy587 Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:32 pm

YouTube channel My Life In Gaming just released the first part of a new series called Analog Frontiers. I very much enjoyed watching it, and wanted to give everyone here a heads up. From the video description...

Analog Frontiers is a documentary series about the people and technology that keep classic gaming alive. Part 1 introduces eight key contributors to the scene whose stories serve as an overview of why people play vintage games and how their passion for the technology has made it possible to continue playing the classics today and into the future.

Part 1: https://youtu.be/f0AOzKwStM0

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X04_D1k9Ybs
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: My Life In Gaming - ANALOG FRONTIERS

by bmoc Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:40 am

I watched this the other day. Really good stuff. I'm looking forward to the next part.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:55 am

Yeah, I caught that one over the weekend. Good stuff. MLiG is consistent quality.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:59 am

samsonlonghair wrote:Yeah, I caught that one over the weekend. Good stuff. MLiG is consistent quality.

I actually thought this was a step up in quality. Now, MLiG has always had good content, but there was something about this video that I think they kicked it up a notch.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:43 pm

Really good stuff.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but I just saw that part 2 was posted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X04_D1k9Ybs
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:36 am

That episode really hit home for me when they started talking about how hard it is to service PVM/BVMs. I couldn't find anyone willing to repair my old ones. Most places I contacted that still service CRTs would not touch them. The few that did agree to look at my PVMs, just sat on them for weeks or months before deciding it wasn't worth their time. That frustration is what led me to get an OSSC and switch to a consumer CRT with component inputs. I really only use the CRT for light gun games and 480i content nowadays. Using the OSSC with a modern tv has made me much more sensitive to geometry problems in CRTs. Now I prefer a good upscaler to a CRT.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:13 pm

It's weird hearing all the guys real names, but also really cool to see them talking on-screen. Took me too long to realize that was Voultar talking. He's helped me out lots of times, but his channel usually is just focused on the hardware view, and 'that's what she said' jokes. I already watched interviews with most of the others through Bob/RetroRGB. This was a great video. Those guys are really great editors.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:09 am

Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:21 am

Thanks for the heads up! This didn't pop up in my feed, I would have missed it.
Return to Videos