Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
phillyman
8-bit

How About Giving Us Some Credit For Scanning?

by phillyman Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:09 am

Racketboy ....How can you pull the scans from my site and pass them off as your own ......No where do i see you mentioning that the First Issue of PSM or the First Issue of Nintendo Power was scanned by my team over at Retromags.com ......thats pretty shady

Maybe Next time you wanna give credit where its due . :roll:
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:37 am

The Sega Visions I scanned personally.
The other two I actually got from Underground Gamer, not from your site.
Anyway, I'd be glad to give you a link on all of my mag posts if you'd like.
I just found out about your site the other day when somebody commented about your site.
It looks like you guys do an awesome job.
I haven't had a lot of time to look around on the site since it looks like registration is required, but what magazines do you do other than Nintendo Power and, I guess PSM?

Update:
My posts have been updated with a link to both Underground Gamer and RetroMags.
I hope there is no hard feelings and I wish you the best of luck on your future projects.
phillyman
8-bit

by phillyman Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:11 am

racketboy wrote:The Sega Visions I scanned personally.
The other two I actually got from Underground Gamer, not from your site.
Anyway, I'd be glad to give you a link on all of my mag posts if you'd like.
I just found out about your site the other day when somebody commented about your site.
It looks like you guys do an awesome job.
I haven't had a lot of time to look around on the site since it looks like registration is required, but what magazines do you do other than Nintendo Power and, I guess PSM?

Update:
My posts have been updated with a link to both Underground Gamer and RetroMags.
I hope there is no hard feelings and I wish you the best of luck on your future projects.

Im not trying to come off as a dick .....But its hard enough to find people that have the time and patience to scan and edit magazines in there spare time ......But when they read that someone else is getting the traffic for there work .....it makes them not even want to scan anymore

Underground Gamer even linked to us as you can see http://www.mininova.org/tor/253834

We dont watermark our images for a reason .....and thats to provide a clean scan for everyone to enjoy ......We are currently working on finishing up the missing issues of Nintendo Power right now ......and also have PSM issues being released......Never did i accuse you of the SegaVisions magazine .....But The PSM magazine was scanned by Zttfan ......and the first Issue of Nintendo Power was scanned by KMFDManic .......I hope we can work something out

EDIT:

I have no hard feelings toward your site ..........Underground Gamer converted about 9 mags to PDF format for us .....but they used the Original scans from my site .....PSM Issues 005 and 006 should be out later this week for anyone looking to keep up with PSM

As far as what else we are scanning ?

SuperPlay
EGM
EGM2
Next Generation
GamePro (First Issue Already Scanned)
TurboPlay
SNES Buyers Guide
Sega Visions
Dreamcast Magazine
Clockwork
24-bit

by Clockwork Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:31 am

mimimi...
know your roots !!!
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:39 am

I definately understand how much work it is to scan. I've done about 5 magazines of mine so far and I know it is VERY time consuming. I have a few guys here that are working toward some other mags (mostly Sega goodness) I'm thinking since we are covering ground that you guys haven't touched, maybe we could share our results with you as well. Don't know if we will have complete sets anytime soon, but anything helps, right?

Anyway, I wasn't trying to get a bunch of traffic. The Nintendo Power post had been up for over a week before much traffic came. It ended up on Digg and the rest is history. My only intent was to take a look at a single issue at a time and give us all the opportunity to look at each page and pull up what was interesting.
heck, nobody would have noticed this little piece of trivia:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/10/cliff ... aming-god/

BTW, you linked to mininova, not UG :)

Anyway, let me know how we can contribute and what type of mags you are looking for most.
I will do my best to promote your site as it seems to be an excellent resource.

Again, I apologize for overlooking your site before -- I know its pained me when other people don't credit me for material that gets good traffic. But we are all human and its the nature of the Net.
phillyman
8-bit

by phillyman Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:48 am

Well at the least you shouldnt have to worry about Nintendo Power .....Unless you want to help with the Gaps or missing posters ......PSM will be the sites next concentration ......and possibly Next Generation afterwards .......My site stays 5 years behind the current Publication date ......So basically there are only about 40 or so PSM magazines to scan ......and i can scan those in roughly about a month

The trouble is getting people that are good with Photoshop to touch the scans up.......and people to seed the files

As far as the UG thing .......It should read the same on UG and Mininova ......My account was deactivated for inactivity .....so i cant check
nightwalker
64-bit

by nightwalker Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:04 am

since you said you got the nintendo power magazines and the psm can you at least tell us how to get it??????????????????????

I cant find my way on your forum.
Couple of questions:

-Do you have to register?
-Is it free to register cause i saw something about premium membership?
-Can we help you with the upload? Saw something about a big torrent or something and i got a t3 line i help a couple of ppl in uploading
-And the most important..... where or wich topic or wich link or what magic words do I have to say to get the magazines. Is it please????
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:49 am

ok, this needs to be straightened up on Digg:
Read Here

I posted my comments, but it would be nice if Phillyman would actually come out and acknowledge that everything was cool and it was just a simple misunderstanding.

I realize you want Digg traffic, but come on...
Mozgus
Next-Gen

by Mozgus Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:47 pm

Racketboy has one busy life. I read those news posts right when he posted them, and I don't recall him ever saying he scanned them. Stop exagerating. He just didn't notice your credit on them. If he did, he would have gave you all the credit, like he now has. He's given me full credit and attention for some truely pointless projects of mine when he mentioned them on here. You are in fact the one using underhanded tactics to get your hits by throwing out headlines on the matter that are extremely negative and hard to believe. You should go work for FoxNews. They'd love you.
nightwalker
64-bit

by nightwalker Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:10 pm

YEAH WHAT HE SAID!! ^^^^^^
Return to Archiving & Repro - Documentation and History