Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

New Manual Scan Website

by onemanfilmcrew Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Hey everyone, I have just relaunched my manual scan website and wanted to pass it along and get some feedback. It is visual based and is more for just exploring the old manuals rather than downloading, as all manuals are viewable in browser. There are 350+ manuals up now (including nearly 100 Japanese ones). I'm adding more each week. If anybody has any suggestions/feedback/etc I'd love to hear it.

www.TheVgaTV.com
Ziggy587

Re: New Manual Scan Website

by Ziggy587 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Cool. I just check out a random manual. It's a neat idea, being able to view them without having to download them. :D
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

by onemanfilmcrew Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Yeah I just wanted to do something different than the other sites out there. For me it always brings back a bit of nostalgia flipping through these, so thought I would make it easier for others to do that. Plus the manuals I scan in are occasionally used (i.e. non-collector quality), so you can see where people wrote in their high-scores or their passwords.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:24 am

I like the idea a lot, though I will admit I would also love to have the ability to just print them off and have my "repro" manuals. I understand not all of them will be the highest quality scans, but you make do with what you have.

Overall though, bookmarked and thanks, hope you keep up with it! (I see last update was a month ago, which is pretty reasonable in my eyes, so it seems a good chance you will)

Might contribute a few of my own once I get a scanner.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
outlaw_moon
24-bit

by outlaw_moon Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:23 pm

One has to appreciate the time and effort that you put in man, so kudos and thanks for all the work. Like @KalessinDB, I too love to be able to download and print a physical copy, but there are times where all I need is to reference to a particular manual. For those times, your site will be a great resource to have.
It's time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of gum.
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

by onemanfilmcrew Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:29 pm

outlaw_moon wrote:One has to appreciate the time and effort that you put in man, so kudos and thanks for all the work. Like @KalessinDB, I too love to be able to download and print a physical copy, but there are times where all I need is to reference to a particular manual. For those times, your site will be a great resource to have.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I have another batch of manuals ready to upload, but I've been focused on finishing up the first volume of my Atari 2600 Encyclopedia so it can get published/launched in the next month or so. Hopefully after that I can get the next batch uploaded.
Rothgor

by Rothgor Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:12 pm

onemanfilmcrew wrote:I have another batch of manuals ready to upload, but I've been focused on finishing up the first volume of my Atari 2600 Encyclopedia so it can get published/launched in the next month or so. Hopefully after that I can get the next batch uploaded.

Your site causes nostalgia to me. Good old' times. Keep it up! I'm glad I found this forum, the content here brings up nice memories.
henrycampbell

by henrycampbell Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:09 am

So great. I've just randomly checked out a manual. AS a neat idea, it makes us find it east to view them without a need of download. :D
Online Minecraft Game
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

by onemanfilmcrew Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:39 pm

I'm really glad people are enjoying the site. I have another large batch of manuals to upload in the near future, but I've been traveling for work and prepping for a move which has seriously limited my time. There is a lot more to come, I promise!
onemanfilmcrew
64-bit

by onemanfilmcrew Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Got inspired today and uploaded 79 new ones. Enjoy!
Return to Archiving & Repro - Documentation and History