Gamecube Cases Damage Manuels

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
NEWO
8-bit

Gamecube Cases Damage Manuels

Post by NEWO »

Hello all,
I noticed this on many mint gamecube games I purchased in a lot. Everything was in mint condition except the manuels and paperwork. Basically, the manuels had been held tight by the little plastic prongs for so long, that they made marks and deep indentations in the paperwork. So my question is how do you store your gamecube manuels for longterm? I'm talking years. Thanks.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Gamecube Cases Damage Manuels

Post by CRTGAMER »

Make sure your cases are set upright when storing and not stacked flat. If you really have to stack them, don't go too high and keep them centered for better support. Too much weight on the case cover will indent the middle which in turn crushes the prongs against the manual inside.

You can also do an easy fix if there is a clearance problem such as a very thick game manual. This might help in Animal Crossing that has a lot of extra inserts. Remove the manuals and disc. Bend each prong that holds the manual slightly out with your finger. Just a little so the plastic will not break. A limitation since the prong tip touches the bottom side that has the disc holder when the case is closed. You could also put the Safety Insert Instructions on top to protect the Game Manual.

I would be more worried how tight the disc holder is, I had to "file" all mine.

Gamecube Game Case Fix - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30455&p=537404#p537404
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

CRTGAMER wrote:Make sure your cases are set upright when storing and not stacked flat. If you really have to stack them, don't go too high and keep them centered for better support. Too much weight on the case cover will indent the middle which in turn crushes the prongs against the manual inside.

You can also do an easy fix if there is a clearance problem such as a very thick game manual. This might help in Animal Crossing that has a lot of extra inserts. Remove the manuals and disc. Bend each prong that holds the manual slightly out with your finger. Just a little so the plastic will not break. A limitation since the prong tip touches the bottom side that has the disc holder when the case is closed. You could also put the Safety Insert Instructions on top to protect the Game Manual.

I would be more worried how tight the disc holder is, I had to "file" all mine.

Gamecube Game Case Fix - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30455&p=537404#p537404

Good tips and this actually was a timely thread, for my GameCube collection seems to grow and grow. I've actually thought about the manuals staying safe, but I've been laying them flat in very small piles (3-4 games each) and so far the manuals seem fine. Not all the games I bought came with the safety precaution inserts, but I'll consider that for the games I have that came with those.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
NEWO
8-bit

Post by NEWO »

I was thinking to take out the manuels and store them separately, but how? Any ideas?
Zing
Next-Gen

Post by Zing »

My problem was always how the CD holder damaged the case back. On many of my games, the back cover was severely dented.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
brandman
32-bit

Post by brandman »

Why is this problem this severe on the gamecube? Do any other consoles have this issue?
Image Image Image VVV
3DS Friend Code: 4382 - 2058 - 7982
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

"I know nothing!"