Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
Hatta
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4030
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by Hatta Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:03 pm

wip3outguy7 wrote:My ideal setup would be to keep the TV stand, find a wire frame column-like shelf that would stack all of my consoles and ditch the stand/shelf combo I have now.


That's about what I have. I got a big black wire rack to put all my consoles on. I think it's 2x4x6ft. Top shelf just has (4) switch boxes on it, and a few boxes with controllers. The other shelves have consoles up front, and power strips and controllers behind. It's easy to twist tie up the cords so it's not a huge rats nest. I've got at least a dozen consoles hooked up to that thing, I could probably fit one more shelf on it too if I found one that matched.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
korn16ftl3
64-bit
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:57 am

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by korn16ftl3 Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:29 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:@ [korn16ftl3] - What is with your posts? Hard to read with no caps or periods.


most my punctuation is there ;) as for caps its typically not done for the sole reason im trying to jot/post what exactly (i get in a hurry and side tracked easily) i was thinking before i forget, get off topic, whatever, loose my train of thought ect.
User avatar
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9740
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by BoringSupreez Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:47 pm

BurningDoom wrote:Mine are always hooked up, so I don't have this issue. They all just get dusted normally with the rest of the furniture.

I do this. Not a single system in storage, even though I have like 10-15 systems. I just use spraycleaner and a washcloth on them when they get dusty (which is fequently and quickly), and canned air about once a year to clean out the interiors.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
User avatar
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6243
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by Erik_Twice Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:31 pm

AppleQueso wrote:I'd say only 2 years on the market is pretty damn limited.

According to Wikipedia it sold more than ten million units!

But yes, still not enough. When people realize how good the console it they are going to sell like hotcakes.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Why I stopped loving JRPGs
http://eriktwice.com/
User avatar
Inazuma
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:35 pm
Location: USA

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by Inazuma Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:36 pm

I have all of my consoles hooked up to two TVs, and I dust them about once a week.
User avatar
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:03 am
Location: Austin

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by wip3outguy7 Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Hatta wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:My ideal setup would be to keep the TV stand, find a wire frame column-like shelf that would stack all of my consoles and ditch the stand/shelf combo I have now.


That's about what I have. I got a big black wire rack to put all my consoles on. I think it's 2x4x6ft. Top shelf just has (4) switch boxes on it, and a few boxes with controllers. The other shelves have consoles up front, and power strips and controllers behind. It's easy to twist tie up the cords so it's not a huge rats nest. I've got at least a dozen consoles hooked up to that thing, I could probably fit one more shelf on it too if I found one that matched.

That sounds beautiful. Pics?
User avatar
Michi
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4383
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Florida

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by Michi Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:29 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:People who do have all their consoles hooked up, how did you do it? Do you have a massive TV stand and component switcher box?

I'll just link you to mine. viewtopic.php?p=501235#p501235

No component, but I do have a PS2/XBOX/GCN s-video/composite cable that I use with all of the systems except Genesis and NES.


Ah. That's nice.....*squint* I think we have that same stand in the living room.


I too have all my systems hooked up currently to one television, but then, I don't have as much as others. Of course, if you're being technical, I can only hook up 4 at a time, as that's how many ports I have in my switch-box. But they're all out and easily accessible/plug-in-able.

My entertainment stand is wood and was hand made ages ago. It's quite big and I've been using it for years. It holds quite a bit actually, though I have had to make a couple of organizational stands for it so I could fit more in the damn thing. The whole thing currently houses the TV, VCR, Stereo+2 speakers, Bluray, Xbox, Genesis+games, PS2, NES+games, SNES, Various books, 2 CD stands, several VHS tapes, and various nick-nacs. The other consoles and games are in stackable wire cubes on either side.
User avatar
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 18609
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm
Location: Maine

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by BoneSnapDeez Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:05 pm

I need to get a TV stand bad! Maybe Wal-Mart or Target will have sales soon.....
User avatar
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 9740
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by BoringSupreez Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I need to get a TV stand bad! Maybe Wal-Mart or Target will have sales soon.....

You could always build one yourself from scratch, if you don't want to wait.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
User avatar
Michi
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4383
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Florida

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

by Michi Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:36 pm

BoringSupreez wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:I need to get a TV stand bad! Maybe Wal-Mart or Target will have sales soon.....

You could always build one yourself from scratch, if you don't want to wait.


That's how I ended up with mine....hence its hulking size :?
Return to Archiving & Repro - Documentation and History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest