how do you preserve your consoles?

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
korn16ftl3
64-bit

how do you preserve your consoles?

Post by korn16ftl3 »

so i was sorting threw some stuff to see what i could get rid of and pulled out numerous items that were exceedingly dusty. So i got to wondering "how do i store my consoles controllers ect to keep this from happening?"

So how do u preserve your platforms and accessories when you store them? i was thinking size according zip lock bags or something.
Last edited by korn16ftl3 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

Post by dsheinem »

dip them in wax
korn16ftl3
64-bit

Post by korn16ftl3 »

dsheinem wrote:dip them in wax

:shock: serious?
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

troll answer is troll

I use pectin and sugar, and put my consoles in a jar.

tasty on toasted bread. :wink:
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Mine are always hooked up, so I don't have this issue. They all just get dusted normally with the rest of the furniture.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
korn16ftl3
64-bit

Post by korn16ftl3 »

BurningDoom wrote:Mine are always hooked up, so I don't have this issue. They all just get dusted normally with the rest of the furniture.

ure kidding right? that whole list in you sig all hooked up? f*cking crazy man. would have to be a lot of dusting just in ure consoles lol
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

I am with Burning Doom. I have 22 systems (on 3 TVs) hooked up and only two stored (in their original box). I put a cloth handkerchief over the ones I don't play as often.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

korn16ftl3 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:Mine are always hooked up, so I don't have this issue. They all just get dusted normally with the rest of the furniture.

ure kidding right? that whole list in you sig all hooked up? f*cking crazy man. would have to be a lot of dusting just in ure consoles lol

:roll: It's just dusting... I do the same. I am sure most do.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Breetai wrote:
korn16ftl3 wrote:

:roll: It's just dusting... I do the same. I am sure most do.

I have nearly all my systems in a cabinet, and swap them out as need be because I don't have my own place yet. Its got closing doors and I make sure to keep it clean, so it's not a bad storage option at least. I'm running out of room in it now though, I own too many consoles XD
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I wish my room was designed so I could have all my consoles hooked up at once. I just don't have the proper space/furniture. I own two televisions, so I typically have two consoles hooked up, one retro and one modern (right now it's the TurboGrafx-16 and PS3). I store my loose consoles on the closet shelf or inside of a hutch. Wires and adapters are in gallon bags with labels.

I clean, dust, and test everything on a regular basis. You should get in the habit of thoroughly cleaning any used game/system as soon as you get it. Open up cartridges, clean the contacts thoroughly, etc. This will prevent any headaches from occurring down the road, and you won't be "infecting" your systems by shoving nasty ass games into their slots.