how do you preserve your consoles?

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
Hatta
Next-Gen

Re: how do you preserve your consoles?

Post by Hatta »

wip3outguy7 wrote:My ideal setup would be to keep the TV stand, find a wire frame column-like shelf that would stack all of my consoles and ditch the stand/shelf combo I have now.

That's about what I have. I got a big black wire rack to put all my consoles on. I think it's 2x4x6ft. Top shelf just has (4) switch boxes on it, and a few boxes with controllers. The other shelves have consoles up front, and power strips and controllers behind. It's easy to twist tie up the cords so it's not a huge rats nest. I've got at least a dozen consoles hooked up to that thing, I could probably fit one more shelf on it too if I found one that matched.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
korn16ftl3
64-bit

Post by korn16ftl3 »

CRTGAMER wrote:@ [korn16ftl3] - What is with your posts? Hard to read with no caps or periods.

most my punctuation is there ;) as for caps its typically not done for the sole reason im trying to jot/post what exactly (i get in a hurry and side tracked easily) i was thinking before i forget, get off topic, whatever, loose my train of thought ect.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

BurningDoom wrote:Mine are always hooked up, so I don't have this issue. They all just get dusted normally with the rest of the furniture.

I do this. Not a single system in storage, even though I have like 10-15 systems. I just use spraycleaner and a washcloth on them when they get dusty (which is fequently and quickly), and canned air about once a year to clean out the interiors.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

AppleQueso wrote:I'd say only 2 years on the market is pretty damn limited.

According to Wikipedia it sold more than ten million units!

But yes, still not enough. When people realize how good the console it they are going to sell like hotcakes.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Post by Inazuma »

I have all of my consoles hooked up to two TVs, and I dust them about once a week.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Hatta wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:My ideal setup would be to keep the TV stand, find a wire frame column-like shelf that would stack all of my consoles and ditch the stand/shelf combo I have now.

That's about what I have. I got a big black wire rack to put all my consoles on. I think it's 2x4x6ft. Top shelf just has (4) switch boxes on it, and a few boxes with controllers. The other shelves have consoles up front, and power strips and controllers behind. It's easy to twist tie up the cords so it's not a huge rats nest. I've got at least a dozen consoles hooked up to that thing, I could probably fit one more shelf on it too if I found one that matched.

That sounds beautiful. Pics?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:People who do have all their consoles hooked up, how did you do it? Do you have a massive TV stand and component switcher box?

I'll just link you to mine. viewtopic.php?p=501235#p501235

No component, but I do have a PS2/XBOX/GCN s-video/composite cable that I use with all of the systems except Genesis and NES.

Ah. That's nice.....*squint* I think we have that same stand in the living room.

I too have all my systems hooked up currently to one television, but then, I don't have as much as others. Of course, if you're being technical, I can only hook up 4 at a time, as that's how many ports I have in my switch-box. But they're all out and easily accessible/plug-in-able.

My entertainment stand is wood and was hand made ages ago. It's quite big and I've been using it for years. It holds quite a bit actually, though I have had to make a couple of organizational stands for it so I could fit more in the damn thing. The whole thing currently houses the TV, VCR, Stereo+2 speakers, Bluray, Xbox, Genesis+games, PS2, NES+games, SNES, Various books, 2 CD stands, several VHS tapes, and various nick-nacs. The other consoles and games are in stackable wire cubes on either side.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I need to get a TV stand bad! Maybe Wal-Mart or Target will have sales soon.....
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I need to get a TV stand bad! Maybe Wal-Mart or Target will have sales soon.....

You could always build one yourself from scratch, if you don't want to wait.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

BoringSupreez wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:I need to get a TV stand bad! Maybe Wal-Mart or Target will have sales soon.....

You could always build one yourself from scratch, if you don't want to wait.

That's how I ended up with mine....hence its hulking size :?