Consumers catalog from 1991

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
Ziggy

Consumers catalog from 1991

Post by Ziggy »

I found this catalog in my basement a few years back, the back cover caught my eye because it had a Sega Genesis and Game Gear on it. Flipping through it, it seems to have EVERYTHING. All electronics like video games, TVs, computer, VCRs, CD players, car audio, telephones, answering machines, etc. It has just about everything else. Cloths, toys, cutlery, jewelry, bikes, etc. You name it, it's probably in there. It's absolutely fantastic to look through. The best part is when you see something you have or use to have.

I think this is it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumers_Distributing

I've been meaning to scan it for you guys ever since I've found it. I decided to cherry pick some of the pages for now. Hopefully I'll have some time to scan other pages in the future. But for now, enjoy!

Front cover:

Back cover:

Inside back cover:

Last page:

Page 207:

Page 208:

Page 209:

Page 248:

Those plate sets reminds me of a Zelda plate set that was posted recently. I remember having the Sesame Street plate, and I kinda remember having the TMNT plate too. Anyways, enjoy these few pages for now until I have time to scan some more. Now let's laugh at the price to performance of those computers!

edit: Didn't realize that the resize would make the small print hard to read. I'll try and re-up them later with a higher resolution.
Last edited by Ziggy on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ziggy

Re: Catalog from 1991

Post by Ziggy »

Post reserved.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: Catalog from 1991

Post by sevin0seven »

i recently found that Konami Nascar handheld game (far left) at a thrift store. :)

Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Ziggy

Re: Consumers catalog from 1991

Post by Ziggy »

Interesting to know that it was $18.99 new?
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Did they really have brand new Atari 2600s 1991 that is pretty crazy, but then again I was pretty young so I would not have remembered more than likely.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

I want that Konami Laser Scope.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Thanks for the share! A cool reminder of an era which I was fortunate enough to grow up in.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

Thanks for the trip down memory lanes. Yeah, I remember that store, Consumers Distributing. You would go inside the store and they have stuff on display but only one of that particular item. If you wanted to buy something, you had to fill out a card with the item number, pay for it, and it would come out on a conveyor belt. There was another store, Service Merchandise, that operated similarly.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

bryan_65 wrote:Did they really have brand new Atari 2600s 1991 that is pretty crazy, but then again I was pretty young so I would not have remembered more than likely.

Well it's on a clearance page, and only $20. There was probably just such a huge stock that it lasted a long time while no one way buying them. There's the 7800 too, but I guess that would make more sense. And on that page, there's a couple hand helds in the lower right corner. Double Dragon II !

o.pwuaioc wrote:I want that Konami Laser Scope.

I never even heard of that thing until I saw it in this catalog. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserScope

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:Thanks for the share!

gtmtnbiker wrote:Thanks for the trip down memory lanes.

No problem! Again, I'll scan some more pages in when I get the chance. And I'll re-upload the pages I have now to a bigger resolution so you guys and read the small print easier.
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

:lol: The Game Boy speaker system is ridiculous looking. Never seen that before.

Oh, and I also want that Konami Laser Scope.