CVG magazine inside mag

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
dragon_55

CVG magazine inside mag

Post by dragon_55 »

back in the late nineties i used to buy a magazine called CVG i think it stood for computers and video games. but it came with a magazine within a magazine, i cant remember what that was called but it was like a news paper in color but black and yellow instead of black and white. if anyone knows if these are archived out on the net anywhere please let me no where. thanks
PS3, Sega Megadrive, PC, Wii
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: CVG magazine inside mag

Post by CRTGAMER »

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

dragon_55

Post by dragon_55 »

thanks!
PS3, Sega Megadrive, PC, Wii
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Oh yeah, I remember that. I used to get CVG every month. Best video games publication ever. It sucks that they stopped printing it. It's going to bug me all day now... What the hell was that called... It was black ink on yellow paper.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
meppi

Post by meppi »

So late with this reply, but the mini-mag inside that set of CVG issues is called Freeplay.

It was one of the great things that happened to the magazine during the Paul Davies era of CVG.
One of my most loved trivia facts about it is that it actually cost them more to produce the yellow paper with just the black print on it, then it did for the regular pages of the magazine.
Even though Freeplay looked like a cheap "throw-away" section. :)