Laserdiscology

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Laserdiscology

Post by CRTGAMER »

vlame wrote:i have batman forever, Jurassic park, interview with the vampire (sealed) and fantasia ^_^ i saw indy jones 1 and 2 also T2, they were $3 each :D

if they are coaxial to RF, then how would i separate the "lines" to get a s-video or RYW signal out of it?

omg i think that's the same player i saw for $30 from the vid

Co-axial to COMPOSITE. Unless there is a dedicated S-Video connector, you have to do an internal mod to pull S-Video.

Which one do you have? Is it a top loader, what is the model number?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

i don't have one yet.... =[ i spend the $30 on this
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

i saw this

i think it was 30 or 35 used, good deal?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Good price. I would get one that has a Jog-Shuttle dial though, part of the fun unique only to Laser disc.

Nice machine but no Jog Shuttle
http://www.blamld.com/DiscoVision/CLD-1010.htm

Jog Shuttle machine
http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/pioneer/pioneer_cld-3070/pioneer_cld-3070.htm
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

Last edited by vlame on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

vlame wrote:what is this? a bing commercial?

You need to learn to recognize a spambot. Just report the post and move along folks, nothing to see here.
Rawkmann
24-bit

Post by Rawkmann »

I've been pretty heavy into laserdiscs the last couple of years. Sometimes I just prefer the picture because some movies in HD tend to look a bit artificial. It was the last true analog video format until DVD took over. And lets face it, a nice laserdisc collection is damn impressive. Players vary in picture quality quite a bit so expect to pay around $100 for a good entry level unit.
You're participating in a argument on a Apple Pippin Youtube video. Don't give me that "I have better things to do line." -pHr33kAcHu
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

vlame wrote: I was wondering I could do a HD mod to a LD player that only has UHF.

I do not think you understand LD video. It's ONLY composite...there is no "HD" source...even S-video is a trick.

"Laserdisc was a composite video format: the luminance (black and white) and chrominance (color) information were transmitted in one signal, separated by the receiver. While good comb filters can do so adequately, these two signals cannot be completely separated." -If you believe Wiki

I have a Pioneer v4200, it was free. I picked up a 100 LDs from a school that was dumping them (list). It's dead, only collectors need apply. Fun converstaion piece, but just not realistic...I think old video collectors keep it alive because they dumped so much money into building their collection and now has been usurped by DVD then Bluray!
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
Rawkmann
24-bit

Post by Rawkmann »

Majors wrote:I picked up a 100 LDs from a school that was dumping them (list)

Would You be interested in selling the Demon City Shinjuku laserdisc?
You're participating in a argument on a Apple Pippin Youtube video. Don't give me that "I have better things to do line." -pHr33kAcHu
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

GSZX1337 wrote:
BigTinz wrote:Get a blu ray player.

You fail good sir.
http://www.cinemassacre.com/2010/02/23/laserdisc/

That video is awesome, made me LOL so many times. Almost makes me wanna go out and get a Laserdisc player!