Laserdiscology

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
vlame
Next-Gen

Laserdiscology

Post by vlame »

I have come across some pretty cool movies on LD. I was wondering I could do a HD mod to a LD player that only has UHF.

And some other stuff. Do they still make replacement parts for lasers?

Anyone have suggestions about this?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
BigTinz
128-bit

Re: Laserdiscology

Post by BigTinz »

Get a blu ray player.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

gtfo out of my thread you troll.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
opticledilusi0n
32-bit

Post by opticledilusi0n »

i have a Pioneer LD player w. svideo and optical out.... i never use it anymore ;(

my buddy had the autoflipper

the reason i never use it is because i'd have to get up in the middle of a movie and flip it .... or sometimes 4 flips (2 discs)
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

technically 3 flips? s1 >s2>d2 s1>s2
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

vlame wrote:I have come across some pretty cool movies on LD. I was wondering I could do a HD mod to a LD player that only has UHF.

And some other stuff. Do they still make replacement parts for lasers?

Anyone have suggestions about this?

Surprised your Laser has UHF, I think you meant RF. If its an older player usually the top loaders then the "RF" is actually composite. Kinda a reverse Co-Axial to RCA adaptor opposite of what the Atari 2600s used.

Component Mod difficult and not really necessary considering the resolution of the laser player. S-Video does look pretty crisp though.

As far as replacement parts, cheaper to buy a used Laser player, see my Laser signature link for additional links.

opticledilusi0n wrote:i have a Pioneer LD player w. svideo and optical out.... i never use it anymore ;(

my buddy had the autoflipper

the reason i never use it is because i'd have to get up in the middle of a movie and flip it .... or sometimes 4 flips (2 discs)
BigTinz wrote:Get a blu ray player.

Read my Laser Disc signature link for some unique to Laser trivia.
You might be surprised what Laser features got left out of the DVD format.

Hint: Jog over to that shuttle link.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

BigTinz wrote:Get a blu ray player.

You fail good sir.
http://www.cinemassacre.com/2010/02/23/laserdisc/
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

Laserdisks are cool, I saw one in real life for the first time the other week, and other than the size of the things - the thickness of them was also amazing, these things are about 4 mm thick ffs.

Would love one in my collection
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

i have batman forever, Jurassic park, interview with the vampire (sealed) and fantasia ^_^ i saw indy jones 1 and 2 also T2, they were $3 each :D

if they are coaxial to RF, then how would i separate the "lines" to get a s-video or RYW signal out of it?

omg i think that's the same player i saw for $30 from the vid
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Curlypaul wrote:Laserdisks are cool, I saw one in real life for the first time the other week, and other than the size of the things - the thickness of them was also amazing, these things are about 4 mm thick ffs.

Would love one in my collection

Two discs glued together, some had issues of Laser Rot. Check my Laser Disk Trivia.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425