Dreamcast Cases

Discussion of scanning, archiving, and printing things such as magazines, manuals, video captures, and game covers
Beak
64-bit

Dreamcast Cases

Post by Beak »

So, I'm about to start organizing all my burned Dreamcast games by printing covers and putting them in cases. I don't know whether to put all my games in DVD cases, or black/white/clear CD cases. How have other people done it?

I would do DVD cases, but I don't know if I could find enough cover prints for DVD cases. http://www.thecoverproject.net has some nice DVD cases, but not everything. As for CD cases, I was thinking just standard white cases because I don't have CD inserts for most of my games.
superlarz
128-bit

Re: Dreamcast Cases

Post by superlarz »

Beak wrote:So, I'm about to start organizing all my burned Dreamcast games by printing covers and putting them in cases. I don't know whether to put all my games in DVD cases, or black/white/clear CD cases. How have other people done it?

I would do DVD cases, but I don't know if I could find enough cover prints for DVD cases. http://www.thecoverproject.net has some nice DVD cases, but not everything. As for CD cases, I was thinking just standard white cases because I don't have CD inserts for most of my games.

I would go for slim or regular dvd cases
owned: Atari VCS, Intellivision, ColecoVision, NES, NES2, Sega Master System, Turbografx-16, Genesis/Sega CD Model 1, Genesis/Sega CD Model 2/32x, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy, GBA, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, PSone, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3
wanted: Cd-I, Neo Geo AES
Incognito D
128-bit

Post by Incognito D »

I went for white DVD cases 8)

Personally I think it looks the shizz, but I wish I'd changed the red swirls to blue before printing.
cabrando
24-bit

Post by cabrando »

I went for white also. Only thing I changed was the Sega logo on the spine to horizontal.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, looks much better in person

weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

i really want to do this. but i have a lack of time, space, and money. question did you guys put labels on your disks or did you guys just leave them blank (besides the name on the disk)? also where can you pick up cases like that?
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
cabrando
24-bit

Post by cabrando »

weasels wrote:i really want to do this. but i have a lack of time, space, and money. question did you guys put labels on your disks or did you guys just leave them blank (besides the name on the disk)? also where can you pick up cases like that?

I just wrote on the disks. The cases are replacement Wii cases I bought from the Nintendo store.
Incognito D
128-bit

Post by Incognito D »

I also just wrote on the discs - I heard putting labels on discs can mess them up.

The cases I think I just bought from Amazon. I just searched for "white DVD cases". Simple as that :)
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

cool stuff. thanks guy's when i have that time, money, and space ill check them out.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

They kinda look like Wii Games with those white DVD covers. cool.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

I would love to put my burned DC games in a nice DVD case...but I'm lazy
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001